DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Property Owner Permission To Fly Form......??

My neighbor is a state trooper, but he's never asked to have my fly his property. Definitely go into sponge mode. I went and did a fly over of my township offices, got permission from the supervisor etc. and it led to a long conversation with the fire chief, who is interested in possible fire investigations and more.

Be amped! even if nothing comes of it, you can learn a lot just by talking to them.

Reactions: Crow Horse
If you are concerned about the LE showing up, maybe call them in advance and let them know that drone activity may be happening at the location so when the phone starts ringing at the station, they'll know what's going on if somebody complains. :)

That was my first thought. Some have suggested against going that route. I felt comfortable in being transparent and it extends a courtesy to LE so that they know what's going on, my intentions, and it could save them from unnecessarily dispatching a unit to investigate. I'll let the Troopers decide what will work best for everyone.

Reactions: MA2 317
That was my first thought. Some have suggested against going that route. I felt comfortable in being transparent and it extends a courtesy to LE so that they know what's going on, my intentions, and it could save them from unnecessarily dispatching a unit to investigate. I'll let the Troopers decide what will work best for everyone.
On our farm we have had many controlled burns over the years. On the rare occasion that we forgot to call and let them know it was an issue. If we called it was always just be careful and thanks for the heads up. I believe this would be a similar thing.

Edit: My reasoning is that every time it was an issue it was because someone called in a fire they didn’t know about so then they are obligated to come see. If they already know they can blow off the caller so to speak.

Mike

Last edited:
If you are flying in NC you will need this type of form. NC is participating in a FAA "Beyond" program and has State GS that apply.
15A-300.2 Regulation of launch and recovery sites

1. No unmanned aircraft system may be launched or recovered from any State or private property without consent.
  2. A local government unit may adopt an ordinance to regulate the use of the local government’s property to launch or recover unmanned aircraft systems. (2014-100, s. 34.30(a).)
    (This includes state parks – North Carolina administrative code 13B.1204 prohibits drones from ascending or taking off within or upon any state park area or state park water surface. UAS may be operated after obtaining a special activity permit from the Park.)

If you are flying in NC you will need this type of form. NC is participating in a FAA "Beyond" program and has State GS that apply.
15A-300.2 Regulation of launch and recovery sites

1. No unmanned aircraft system may be launched or recovered from any State or private property without consent.
  2. A local government unit may adopt an ordinance to regulate the use of the local government’s property to launch or recover unmanned aircraft systems. (2014-100, s. 34.30(a).)
    (This includes state parks – North Carolina administrative code 13B.1204 prohibits drones from ascending or taking off within or upon any state park area or state park water surface. UAS may be operated after obtaining a special activity permit from the Park.)
Isn't this exactly what we do not want, and by we, I mean the FAA as well? Having a mismatch of regulations, if local gov units can set their own, you could have one county/township say yes, you can take off, and 1 street over it's a hard no?

Exclusions from state parks is normal, but any state property, and to say then local ordinance can modify that, and it can change from 1 street to another, how would law enforcement even keep track of all the different ordinances, know when to apply them, when not to? I mean they already get confused easily by what law is and what's a rumor (like telling a guy in a Lamborghini that he has to have a valid CA license to drive in the state, and his Canadian one won't work...).

OK, the Beyond program is ONLY for BLVOS? In that case does this only apply to BVLOS operations? It appears that way to me. So this doesn't apply to VLOS and normal operations?

Isn't this exactly what we do not want, and by we, I mean the FAA as well?
I personally think its a big problem for recreational flyers becasue you cannot legally take off or land anywhere in the state without express consent of the property owner. Of course, there are major exceptions for government and certain commercial operators. I don't think the FAA gives a rip one way or the other.

OK, the Beyond program is ONLY for BLVOS? In that case does this only apply to BVLOS operations? It appears that way to me. So this doesn't apply to VLOS and normal operations?
It applies to everyone and all flights in the state but with major exceptions for government and certain commercial operations. So, it potentially impacts recreational flyers way more than anyone else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada