DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prototype of Jetson ONE personal rotorcraft demoed — tiny human-carrying drone-style flyer

BethanyFerrell

Reactions
This looks promising, though of course it will be a challenge to mitigate the prospect of chaotic airways becoming replicas of traffic-choked highways (only more dangerous).

This is a prototype but it's intended to be a commercial product. Over a hundred units have been pre-ordered so far.

N.B.: Though my online persona is a genetically engineered anthropomorphic Border Collie, I am in real life a human (you'd already guessed that, no doubt) and so would in theory be able to fly one of these puppies. Erm, I mean babies. Then again, at US$92,000 apiece maybe I'll wait. The M3's price will have me eating ramen for a few years yet, and this costs as much as thirty M3 FMCs.

Still… wow.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gagey52 and Wade L.
a great way to get around your property if you had a decent sized plot ,but then you can do the same thing with a decent drone,but you are right they would be a lot of fun ,if only i was a lot younger i could see myself flying one ,sadly i dont think they will catch on anytime soon here in the UK

That company is currently "courting" some outside investors. I would love to see Elan Musk get involved and possibly advance the battery tech on the Jetson One to get more than 20min.

What concerns me with that video is how close the filming drone is getting to the guy flying this thing. Already a risky flight without adding that into the mix

Stayed very low to ground in video. Wonder what ceiling it has (before adding a parachute)? Anyways, sure looked fun

It is nice to see this finally get off the ground. There was a bike hovercraft that was also supposed to come out (called the Lazareth). I don't think it made it to production yet.

It looks to me to be a slightly more advanced version of a hovercraft. It doesn't get very high off the ground. That said, I could see this as being an alternative to UTV or ATVs in difficult terrain. You wouldn't have the difficulties of land based vehicles. I am wondering what kind of an incline this thing would be capable of climbing? The video shows a vast flat plain. It conjures up a myriad of uses to my mind until uncle Bob asks you to hold his beer...

It looks to me to be a slightly more advanced version of a hovercraft. It doesn't get very high off the ground. That said, I could see this as being an alternative to UTV or ATVs in difficult terrain. You wouldn't have the difficulties of land based vehicles. I am wondering what kind of an incline this thing would be capable of climbing? The video shows a vast flat plain. It conjures up a myriad of uses to my mind until uncle Bob asks you to hold his beer...
The specs say it has a service ceiling of above 1500 feet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.06.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.06.08 AM.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 9
I saw the pilots knees up against the dash, makes me wonder what would happen w a crash.
It has a parachute in the rear and will deploy when a sudden drop in elevation is detected. Obviously it won't do anything for a low elevation crash but I believe it is designed to roll forward based on the geometry of the crash bars.

Allredy more than 100 in order, expensive toys, 70 000US$.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo