DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: If you are having issues with "image transmission" errors, check your SD card.

anim8me2

Reactions
I took a trip to Abaco in the Carribean (got flight clearance first... It's really easy) and found some great sights to fly and shoot. Upon taking my Mavic out and getting it ready I started seeing gps errors (kept switching to ATTI mode) as well as image transmission errors. Of course I freaked out because everything was fine before I left home. I did all the usual stuff like recalibrating the compass, checking the EUMI , the batteries, etc.
Finally in desperation I checked to see if there was something wrong with the SD card. I just swapped cards and suddenly everything was working again. I checked the original card and found it was an older one that was too slow for the drone.

So if you are having odd issues... Check your SD cards!

Yep. I don’t know why, but most odd errors can be traced back to something being off about the SD card. And it’s not the card itself, but any out of place file that’s on it can mess up the drone. If it ever happens run a format of the card on the drone itself.

i always format card in drone, that way you know the parameters are set correctly never had any problems doing it that way. another advantage it wipes the card so you know you have plenty of room for your pics and vids

Reactions: JMagnus
I took a trip to Abaco in the Carribean (got flight clearance first... It's really easy) and found some great sights to fly and shoot. Upon taking my Mavic out and getting it ready I started seeing gps errors (kept switching to ATTI mode) as well as image transmission errors. Of course I freaked out because everything was fine before I left home. I did all the usual stuff like recalibrating the compass, checking the EUMI , the batteries, etc.
Finally in desperation I checked to see if there was something wrong with the SD card. I just swapped cards and suddenly everything was working again. I checked the original card and found it was an older one that was too slow for the drone.

So if you are having odd issues... Check your SD cards!
I can only but give the thumbs up to a faulty SD being the cause of seemingly unrelated image transmission and ATTI/GPS irregularies.
Pretty much got to desperation levels first, trying to trouble shoot the problems without any luck and thinking I was at the point of sending my pride and joy away - for heaven know what cost and only a few weeks away from completing CAA102 certification (New Zealand)
More by good luck I ran across a similar solution to this problem, relating to an Inspire 1 though. Nothing ventured!! Swapped the SD for a new one, and suddenly everything was "tickity boo". Cost; a few sleepless nights and the price of a 64gb SD. Priceless!!!
Very happy and an option well worth trying, if all else seems to be turning pear-shaped.

Reactions: Bill combs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada