DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

humble life

Reactions
I was having issues with my drone since I bought it. Kept getting Gimbal error and black screen was unable to fly, so after the 3rd time sending In they sent me a new one, so I started it up checked for updates and flew it and it worked great . Then I put sd card in and it started doing the same thing, took card out and it worked any one know or has had this issue?

A corrupt file or inappropriately named file on a card can cause problems. I had a Mavic 2 refuse to connect because of a 'bad' photo name. Using a computer try formatting the card or removing all files from it. If things are still going wrong, as above try a different card.

Reactions: lensimages
A corrupt file or inappropriately named file on a card can cause problems. I had a Mavic 2 refuse to connect because of a 'bad' photo name. Using a computer try formatting the card or removing all files from it. If things are still going wrong, as above try a different card.
I would recommend using the DJI fly app to format the card, not a computer.
Connect to the drone and find the format option. I use the DJI fly app and it is under the "Camera" menu. Formatting with the app prepares it for the drone. A computer formatting a disk will be formatted for computer use.

So far I think I have only ever formatted a card in a drone once or twice, every other card has been computer formatted and I remember no problems stemming from this.

Reactions: YVRGUY and dougga
So far I think I have only ever formatted a card in a drone once or twice, every other card has been computer formatted and I remember no problems stemming from this.
You are probably fine doing that - It is just the drone and camera manufacturers recommend using the device to format. They may have a point and if there are issues, it is definitely worth a try.

I was having issues with my drone since I bought it. Kept getting Gimbal error and black screen was unable to fly, so after the 3rd time sending In they sent me a new one, so I started it up checked for updates and flew it and it worked great . Then I put sd card in and it started doing the same thing, took card out and it worked any one know or has had this issue?
Toss the bad card and buy a new one.

Reactions: Dbez1 and dougga
Do a “Search” (on this forum) for threads regarding acceptable cards. My understanding is that there are quite a few counterfeit ones.

Reactions: Oman and dougga
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic