DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PURELY AERIAL - 2019 HIGHLIGHT

Having some terrific scenery helps, of course! But that's not enough to make a good movie.

I really liked it, and felt there was a lot of good photography and a lot of very good editing there. I especially liked the use of people! What often gets forgotten (and I'm guilty here too) is that drone films often are spectacular photography of scenery, but mixed in with ground level photography takes it to another level, and having people in it takes it even higher.

The other thing I felt worked well was the snappy editing. Some shots were brief seconds, but that means that a) they may have had more effect than letting them run the full length, and b) you can cram in an awful lot more of your best shots!

Well done!

Having some terrific scenery helps, of course! But that's not enough to make a good movie.

I really liked it, and felt there was a lot of good photography and a lot of very good editing there. I especially liked the use of people! What often gets forgotten (and I'm guilty here too) is that drone films often are spectacular photography of scenery, but mixed in with ground level photography takes it to another level, and having people in it takes it even higher.

The other thing I felt worked well was the snappy editing. Some shots were brief seconds, but that means that a) they may have had more effect than letting them run the full length, and b) you can cram in an awful lot more of your best shots!

Well done!

I appreciate it.
I agree, adding PEOPLE in Photography or Videography did really makes a lot of impact.
I might have to learn a bit more in editing though.
Thanks again!

Really nice work!

Lovely audio too.

I really like the cinematic sounds and transitions - and as Greekislandlover mentioned - the use of people to add some humanity to what can usually be sweeping landscapes with no context.

Very tight edit. Would love to see your 2020 version when available!

What shutter speeds are you using for your frame rate? Shutter looks a tiny bit choppy in places - however over in the Phillipines I can see you have a lot of sunlight to contend with! (Jealous).

Do you use ND's?

Cheers.

Overall it's very good work, keep improving and you could probably find work doing video editing!

Being nit picky, I noticed you weren't using ND Filters right away (I'm on a 4k 40" monitor); the video is pulsing during the scenes where you're moving a lot instead of 1 fluid motion, very distracting. You can either learn the ND filter route (Very easy) or fix the pulsing in post processing (CPU intensive) in a program like After Affects.

The last thing I noticed was your choice of resolution; why a max of 1080P? Recommend you shoot, export, and upload in 4k; it's 2020! ?

Got it.. Thanks for your honest words, i really appreciate it.

Thinking of doing 4k but with the specs i have in my laptop, it's possible but i need patience when rendering haha..

Got it.. Thanks for your honest words, i really appreciate it.

Thinking of doing 4k but with the specs i have in my laptop, it's possible but i need patience when rendering haha..

I figured this was what was holding you back. Look up "How to work with proxy files" with whatever editing app you use. Essentially you convert all your videos for a project to 720P low bitrate prores or cineform (uncompressed file formats) and make your edits on them for a smoother experience. When you're happy with your edits you disable the proxy connection and render/export the 4K content while you sleep.

It's that easy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid