DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purple screen of death?

JDJ

Reactions
Hi all,

Axed my M2P today. Seemed to be a malfunction, but just wanted to seek some reassurance that it wasn't user-error ;)

• When I launched for an initial flight, within the first minute or two, the controller lost connection. There was no picture coming through but I could still control the drone so I landed, and disconnected and restarted everything.
• On the second flight, there were no issues until I got to about 40m. Then the drone disconnected again. As I could still see it, I flew it back down to land. When I got lower, the entire screen went solid purple/pink colour. At 8m high and while stationary in the air, the drone flipped twice and flew straight into the ground at speed, breaking two of the arms.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Joel

Hi all,

Axed my M2P today. Seemed to be a malfunction, but just wanted to seek some reassurance that it wasn't user-error ;)

• When I launched for an initial flight, within the first minute or two, the controller lost connection. There was no picture coming through but I could still control the drone so I landed, and disconnected and restarted everything.
• On the second flight, there were no issues until I got to about 40m. Then the drone disconnected again. As I could still see it, I flew it back down to land. When I got lower, the entire screen went solid purple/pink colour. At 8m high and while stationary in the air, the drone flipped twice and flew straight into the ground at speed, breaking two of the arms.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Joel
Here's the flight log, if anyone is interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne