DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Putting the old flying skills to the test

Curious to know if you disabled RTH for some of these shots. I'm always afraid to fly under a bridge. If there's a signal loss, that bird will fly straight up into the underside of the bridge.

Wow, man, you are really taking some close calls there! Do you have a drone-death-wish? The resolution was only 720 P when I clicked on the You Tube resolution and the film was sort of muddy or fuzzy. Not sharp. But the flying was amazing.

Wow, man, you are really taking some close calls there! Do you have a drone-death-wish? The resolution was only 720 P when I clicked on the You Tube resolution and the film was sort of muddy or fuzzy. Not sharp. But the flying was amazing.
My pc takes ages to process 1080p or higher. New laptop is my next purchase. As for the drone death wish - i dunno , I just love to fly in / under and through things .This local to me project , has other drone users also covering it , but their videos are just flying along the route 150 - 200 feet in the air - pretty bland by comparison . The low to the ground / flying through things gives a more exciting perspective. Of course , this will all end in tears if you keep flying this way you say........ and it nearly did

But the mavic Air 2 is a beast . Apart from a scored set of front blades she shook it off and flew on.

• Wow
Reactions: TTP and Barbara
Curious to know if you disabled RTH for some of these shots. I'm always afraid to fly under a bridge. If there's a signal loss, that bird will fly straight up into the underside of the bridge.
No , I never changed my RTH height of 150m . Saying that , I never fly under anything unless I can see the drone . In both cases of in my video , the drone was less than 50 meters away. At that range and with nothing to block the antenna , the chances of a RTH are minimal.
If your worried you can set it to hover , or land , the latter not being an option if there's water beneath said bridge

Reactions: TTP
My pc takes ages to process 1080p or higher. New laptop is my next purchase. As for the drone death wish - i dunno , I just love to fly in / under and through things .This local to me project , has other drone users also covering it , but their videos are just flying along the route 150 - 200 feet in the air - pretty bland by comparison . The low to the ground / flying through things gives a more exciting perspective. Of course , this will all end in tears if you keep flying this way you say........ and it nearly did

But the mavic Air 2 is a beast . Apart from a scored set of front blades she shook it off and flew on.
Let me suggest that you edit using PROXIES. These are low resolution files which will make your editing life much easier. We had a discussion on the forum here a few days ago regarding the issue. I spoke to Adobe tech support (in India!) and he told me I needed at least 32GB RAM and I only had 16GB on my Apple iMAC. This will slow down the computer considerably. To deal with this, edit in proxies and output (export) in the higher resolution, like 4 K. There a. lot of You Tube videos on Proxy editing in Premiere. I like the ones by Matt Johnson. Since I have learned to ingest the files in proxies I can scrub through every file with ease.

Dale
Miami

Let me suggest that you edit using PROXIES. These are low resolution files which will make your editing life much easier. We had a discussion on the forum here a few days ago regarding the issue. I spoke to Adobe tech support (in India!) and he told me I needed at least 32GB RAM and I only had 16GB on my Apple iMAC. This will slow down the computer considerably. To deal with this, edit in proxies and output (export) in the higher resolution, like 4 K. There a. lot of You Tube videos on Proxy editing in Premiere. I like the ones by Matt Johnson. Since I have learned to ingest the files in proxies I can scrub through every file with ease.

Dale
Miami
Thanks Dale , I'll look into with interest and report back. Would love to shoot in 4k but until now never had the uuuumph in the pc hardware dept.

I have had a Dell PC for many years. It was always crashing for one reason or another. My computer guy was at my house at least once a month. I finally dumped it for Apple which excels in graphics, and especially Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. One advantage of the PC is that you can upgrade your computer with more RAM, I think! As your computer guy or The Geek Squad at Best Buy if you can upgrade your computer with 32 GB RAM.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots