DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Putting your Mavic to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysrmc

Reactions
Hey guys, most of you know my wife passed but I am staying busy continuing to work and build quads. I just wanted to encourage you guys to get out there and put them to work and work for yourself. Today I did three houses for free and 2 agents just hired me for a bunch of jobs at 50 bucks a job, takes ten minutes to do. Get out there guys, talk to people. If you need help, call me. I will help you as much as I can. I wont help you if your in AZ but I can help you with a business plan, how to approach clients and how to win clients. No fees nothing, im willing to do this for free for you guys.

Wife says "and there are gals out here too!"

Reactions: Bobvt
$50 seems way too low. I give the agent a flash drive with the footage and with travel time I have to charge a minimum of $150. I have charged up tp $500 and they don't even flinch at the price. Don't leave money on the table. You make the rest of us look bad!
Use the MLS listings and contact the agents that have high-priced properties on large well landscaped lots.
Don't forget that there's good money agriculture, construction and mapping too!

$50 seems way too low. I give the agent a flash drive with the footage and with travel time I have to charge a minimum of $150. I have charged up tp $500 and they don't even flinch at the price. Don't leave money on the table. You make the rest of us look bad!
Use the MLS listings and contact the agents that have high-priced properties on large well landscaped lots.
Don't forget that there's good money agriculture, construction and mapping too!

^^^^^^ Very wise words.

Giving your work away or working for "lunch money" simply destroys the industry as a whole. If your pictures are only worth $50 a set then you need to up your game. This is probably the 2nd quickest way to go out of business and go broke. The first being going deeply into debt to start up a business with equipment you can't afford and don't need (Shiny new car with wraps, new computer, shiny new sUAS with all the bells & whistles).

Food for thought... the first year we went into business we had our rates much more "budget friendly". Yes we had business but we weren't making any $$ when we factored in everything it takes to run a business and run it legally. We found out, through a good colleague in the industry, that our prices were about 1/2 of what they "could be". We upped our prices and it blew our mind that we had MORE work and our income problem was no longer a problem. We started picking and choosing which jobs we wanted, made more money, and worked a LOT less hours. This may not always be the solution but it was for us.

If you undervalue your work how can you expect any REAL clients to value your work?

One of my first "Business" mentors told me many moons ago, "Once you drop your pants you'll always have that stigma and very few ever get out of that ditch. Don't give yourself away to anyone!" Actually he said it a bit more "colorful" than that but that doesn't add anything to the story.....

Hey guys, most of you know my wife passed but I am staying busy continuing to work and build quads. I just wanted to encourage you guys to get out there and put them to work and work for yourself. Today I did three houses for free and 2 agents just hired me for a bunch of jobs at 50 bucks a job, takes ten minutes to do. Get out there guys, talk to people. If you need help, call me. I will help you as much as I can. I wont help you if your in AZ but I can help you with a business plan, how to approach clients and how to win clients. No fees nothing, im willing to do this for free for you guys.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to receive your help this is something that I have been thinking about for a while now but for you to step forward and suggest that you might help is a beautiful thing. I would love to find out how to make my mavic pro work for me.

Reactions: mereflyer and Bobvt
Status
Not open for further replies.