DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Qu for both MM and Mini2 flyers. Has any tried these front LEDs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
Great, thanks. This is with the mini 2, correct? If so that's not bad for something that I thought was primarily a status indicator.
Correct, the Mini 2.

Somebody may chime in and correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain that the rear LED is actually the status indicator. I noticed during testing last night that the flashing green LED, on the rear of the aircraft, flashed red when I hit the preset altitude limit.

the rear LED is actually the status indicator.
It is but from memory the front one serves as some form or indicator too. Given it's narrow length it puts me in mind of the evil robot from, it think, Event Horizon.

It is but from memory the front one serves as some form or indicator too. Given it's narrow length it puts me in mind of the evil robot from, it think, Event Horizon.
You are correct, they are both status indicators.

According to the DJI Mini 2 manual the following are the front LED status functions:

While Powered On
Pulses White - Default State (Customizable in DJI Fly)
Blinks Blue Slowly - Switching between wifi connection and OccuSync 2.0 video transmission connection
Pulses Blue - Switched to wifi connection and waiting to connect to mobile device
Solid Blue - Switched to wifi connection and connected to mobile device
Blinks Blue Quickly - Switched to wifi connection and downloading at high speed
Solid Red - Failed to switch to wifi connection
Blinks Red Slowly - ESC beeping while using Find My Drone

When Powered Off
Pulses White - Charging
Solid White - Charging Complete

Rear LED Status Indicator Functions:

Normal States
Blinks Red, Yellow, Green, Blue & Purple Alternately - Powering on and performing self-diagnostic tests
Blinks Purple Slowly - Warming up
Blinks Green Slowly - GPS enabled
Blinks Green Twice Repeatedly - Downward Vision System enabled
Blinks Yellow Slowly - Downward Vision System and GPS disabled (ATTI mode enabled)
Blinks Green Quickly - Braking

Warning States
Blinks Yellow Quickly - Remote controller signal lost
Blinks Red Slowly - Low battery
Blinks Red Quickly - Critically low battery
Blinks Red - IMU error
Solid Red - Critical Error
blinks Red and Yellow Alternately - Compass calibration required

My vision is not what it used to be to keep visual eyes on the Mini-2 when
I had the Strobon stand alone on m2p late yesterday afternoon. The strobe was mounted so that the board was vertical on the rear of the drone. The strobe was visible and drew the eye at 768m distance, I then RTH'd it and the drone was not visible at that distance.
It wouldn't have been full daylight, so that favours the strobe, but it's was not dark or twilight

I’ve read a ton of good reviews about the arc strobes, particularly the firehouse V. However, the price is a little steep IMO. I have a ulanzi white/red/green for my mavic 2. It was half the price of the Firehouse V and it’s incredibly bright. I’ve flown it ~500m with zero visibility issues. I’m yet to test its range as I don’t feel like trekking through a bunch snow should anything happen. When the snow melts I will do a range test on a friend’s farm where I can fly over miles of hay field.
Just a quick Question for Clarity please.......Mavic Mini-2 ? or Mavic Air-2? .....Ron

These arrived today, that's impressive full stop, let alone when bearing in mind the 26th March to 25th May expected delivery window.
First impression, neat.

Second impression I would not be sure I would trust the security of the latches BUT bear in mind I am using a MM and these are for a Mini 2. There are some differences around the nose so perhaps they are enough to make the security questionable when fitted to a MM.
So I put a piece of tape runninng from the attachment to the drone body.

Third impression, in day light I did a flight down the garden to maybe 90m distance 24-ish m height, the green LED of the MM's rear was not visible, the LEDs on the attachment most certainly were. They do flash SOS ( press the on/off button 3 times in a row) but a VERY slow one.
Not a really decent test but as far as I can go when flying from my home.

i had another 2 small led's on the mini2 motor bottom. almost useless.
removed them.
now have a single firehouse dual with a miss chrissy clip.
works amazingly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc