DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about filters from bestbuy

thatguy0329

Reactions
I'm at best buy right now and I see they have the PP 3 pack filters.. Is there a way to tell if they're the ones that are safe for gimble calibration, as it is not stated on the box

The marks on it are different I think... The older ones have less lines i think?

002eb27856da528ee74a10937d4d38ba.jpg

Buy them and try them. If they interfere with calibration, you might get a gimbal overload error message. In that case, just return them.

BTW, dont worry about damaging your gimbal by trying these filters. even if it overloads. Just watch the Mav go through it's initial gimbal calibration when you turn it on after installing a filter. If it makes it through, then you should be ok. The bad filters would usually cause the initial calibration to fail by jamming the gimbal.

If you do see the gimbal jamming and not completing the calib, shut off the Mav, return those filters and order the filters through an authorized vendor here, or direct from PP. You can be sure they wont send you the faulty filters.

One more thing, dont do what this person does at :50 into the video. He is pushing the filter on by squeezing it between his thumb and forefinger using the back of the cam body as leverage. Doing this will crack the plastic piece on the back of the camera body. It's best to hold the cam body on its sides and put the filter on with your other hand. Likewise during removal, dont pull the back piece of the camera, it will crack very easily.

One more thing, dont do what this person does at :50 into the video. He is pushing the filter on by squeezing it between his thumb and forefinger using the back of the cam body as leverage. Doing this will crack the plastic piece on the back of the camera body. It's best to hold the cam body on its sides and put the filter on with your other hand. Likewise during removal, dont pull the back piece of the camera, it will crack very easily.

Good to know thanks, yea that guys method was pretty sketchy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78