DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about firmware..

framau78

Reactions
hi,
for first, thanks to digdat0, for his tutorial about downgrade..very helpful in my situation...
My name is francesco, I'm writing from 5 terre, in Italy, and I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm trying to do my best.
So, I have some problem with last firmware, because there are a lot of small and unused airport in my area and with new firmware I cannot fly from my home, I must take the car and drive for 8 km (5 miles) to do it, also for a short test...
I cannot check solar panel on my roof for example...
Now with the downgrade to .700 firmware the geofence system is off again...
but my question is: in Europe flight rules are very strict, maximum distance for recreational fly is 150 meter (1/8 of miles) and maximum altitude is 70 meters (200 feet)...
But I know that Mavic in USA can fly for 7 km (4,5 miles), in your opinion is a firmware limitation or an Hardware one?

hi,
for first, thanks to digdat0, for his tutorial about downgrade..very helpful in my situation...
My name is francesco, I'm writing from 5 terre, in Italy, and I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm trying to do my best.
So, I have some problem with last firmware, because there are a lot of small and unused airport in my area and with new firmware I cannot fly from my home, I must take the car and drive for 8 km (5 miles) to do it, also for a short test...
I cannot check solar panel on my roof for example...
Now with the downgrade to .700 firmware the geofence system is off again...
but my question is: in Europe flight rules are very strict, maximum distance for recreational fly is 150 meter (1/8 of miles) and maximum altitude is 70 meters (200 feet)...
But I know that Mavic in USA can fly for 7 km (4,5 miles), in your opinion is a firmware limitation or an Hardware one?

The 7km limit isn't a firmware limitation. It is a hardware limitation--the drone and the RC can't communicate beyond this distance without using antenna boosters.

If you search youtube, you will see people getting as far as 9km with antenna boosters (in-line active amplifier, not the parabolic foil that people put over their RC antennas).

thanks for your reply,
I know that the max limit is on the hardware, I fly with self made airplane for LR fpv (my personal record is 22 km), my question is about difference between European's and USA's Mavic, for our regulation TX power is limited at 200 mw, in USA the limit is higher, for this reason, stock Mavic selled in USA can reach 7 km (4.5 miles) than in Europe only 4 km (2,5 miles).
To be honest I try to push my mavic far as possible and before 3km (less than 2 miles) I lost the link, and RTH start automatically.
between USA and Europe model, there is a software or hardware difference? Is the USA TXs (remote and drone), stronger or is a limited by software (speaking about stock Mavic)...?

thanks for your reply,
I know that the max limit is on the hardware, I fly with self made airplane for LR fpv (my personal record is 22 km), my question is about difference between European's and USA's Mavic, for our regulation TX power is limited at 200 mw, in USA the limit is higher, for this reason, stock Mavic selled in USA can reach 7 km (4.5 miles) than in Europe only 4 km (2,5 miles).
To be honest I try to push my mavic far as possible and before 3km (less than 2 miles) I lost the link, and RTH start automatically.
between USA and Europe model, there is a software or hardware difference? Is the USA TXs (remote and drone), stronger or is a limited by software (speaking about stock Mavic)...?

You're hitting the CE TX limit, which is 0.025W.

In the US, the limit is 0.5w. You can change these limits, but you'd have to get permission from your local authority.

It's pretty simple to change these settings, which I'm not allowed to talk about on this site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD