DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about follow me-active track with WIFI (no remote)

motopa

Reactions
Hi... I was thinking to buy spark (really the best option for my use... if it works.... very bad gesture-photos only 1440x900 and active track limited to 100 meters from home point), and now I analyze the mavic.

if I want reduce at maximum size and accesories, I only carry mavic and phone. Then, if I want follow me or active track (with app and wifi), these are my questions.

is there some limitation in distance from home point, as spark has? I mean... if I start active tracking, I put my phone in my pocket with screen of and start to run with ATV or bicycle.... mavic will follow me all distance? does it need have wifi connection with my phone? if yes.... what happens if wifi connection is broken? RTH? stay waiting to recover wifi?

thanks¡

No, I don't use my Mavic with only WiFi.

And I would hope that you (or anyone else) would not operate a UAV without having their hands on a controller of some sort even if it is strictly your phone. Putting your phone in your pocket without someone being in control of the drone, does not seem prudent nor compliant with the rules/guidelines in most places.

In terms of safety, how is this different from a disconnected waypoint mission?

I would hope that during a waypoint mission, the operator would be ready at the controls at all times to take over in the event of something going wrong.

is this a joke? I wasn´t wait this answer... operator... sight... max heigh... legal distance from other people or towns... ok, I know you follow all legal rules... I "too".

It´s very easy, for use active track, or follow me. Don´t worry, it could be done in a forest, nobody in 20km.... for follow me in a bicycle or offroad motorcycle.

Look too, the new DJI SPARK, you can use without any remote (gesture). is it legal?

but I ask in other way for "operators" awareness... I want this in a football stadium (roof closed and my property, or rented one day) where I can do all I want with my "toy".

can I, running wifi, turn off screen, and put my phone in my pocket, and mavic will be able to follow me inside this football stadium?

Thanks

I have the same question. Slightly different reasons. I recently purchased an e scooter and a mount for my mavic pro controller. Issue is with all the vibrations the lightning cable tends to bounce out of perfect connection to my phone (my phone lightning port is a bit loose on my phone). So I’ve been wondering if I can use follow me on WiFi only using just my phone. Will do a test on this as I did not have enough time today and will send an update to answer your question. But just so you know when the cable issue would cause my phone to lose connection with the remote the mavic pro would come to a standstill in the air as the remote still had perfection connection but not the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje