DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Mavic Air 2

jenrobsdad

Reactions
I am a new pilot to Mavic Air 2 and I have been watching a lot of how to videos on You Tube. Does anyone know if a major update by DJI would have drastically changed the functions in setting up DJI Air? The videos I have watched show that I can set my function button for Hyperlapse and several other options in a drop down menu. The only one I see is the landing light and recenter gimbal! I have also found that I have less ability to set up type of photos and videos I take compared to most of the how to vids show. My only thought is most of the vids may be from an older version on DJI Air? Thanks for any help!

Reactions: Drone Master
I am a new pilot to Mavic Air 2 and I have been watching a lot of how to videos on You Tube. Does anyone know if a major update by DJI would have drastically changed the functions in setting up DJI Air? The videos I have watched show that I can set my function button for Hyperlapse and several other options in a drop down menu. The only one I see is the landing light and recenter gimbal! I have also found that I have less ability to set up type of photos and videos I take compared to most of the how to vids show. My only thought is most of the vids may be from an older version on DJI Air? Thanks for any help!
Yes, Many of the videos will show old firmware, and the app. It's better to be sure all is the latest and updated. ;)

I don't know about the DJI Air app in particular, but it seems that LOTS of people never bother to delete obsolete how-to videos on YouTube. There are several out there for old versions of Davinci Resolve (video editing software), and it's not like there is any good reason to keep using the really old versions. I make it a point to check the upload date if I care about the accuracy.

It's the reverse. The videos are current, and your own FW is outdated. Update everything to get the full functionality displayed in the YT videos!

Echoing what GadgetGuy said..... they have added lots of functionality to the DJI Fly App and the Mavic Air 2 including the items you are looking for. Start by downloading the latest version of DJI Fly if you don't have it already.... depending on your phone you may have to go directly to the DJI site to get it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Did you mark your spot or person with your finger on the screen? This will enable the modes you want to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus