DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about mavic pro vs zoom vs air2

Elgreco3

Reactions
Hey guys,
I find myself hanging on this site way too much lately as I recently got the mavic mini.

I come form RC helicopter background but it's been a while since I did that and decided now to get a good drone.

I bought the mini due to price mainly and to get into it without breaking the bank.

The more I try it , the more I find that I will eventually bite the bullet and get something larger, as I passed the exam too, just in case, lol

Anyway, I am not a photographer, actually do not know anything about handling photos, videos etc. I just shoot at default and that's it. Maybe eventually I'll explore that but that is down the road.

I have been thinking of the zoom, mainly for the following reasons: Larger and more stable, zoom feature, active tracking and obstacle avoidance , smart controller (hate using the phone) ,as well as googles.

My understanding is that the pro has better camera without zoom, but since I am not a keen videographer I don't think that would matter to me and I find that the zoom feature I could at least take advantage of.

Now that the air 2 came out, I find it a good enough competitor but I wanted your opinion on that so here are the questions :

- is size difference a big issue ?
- obstacle avoidance is not all around it , so in active track, will it be an issue ? ( I rather be worry free as I have a motorcycle and wouldn't mind trying something with that eventually)
- Will it be able to run the smart controller ?
- Will it accept googles ?

what would you guys suggest I go for between the 3 ?

Anyone with more experience that takes the time to chime in, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you guys.

If price is not an issue I would simply go for the M2 zoom. Having that zoom is a big plus for me anyway I use it all the time.

Reactions: Jeff A and Marcius
I have the Mavic 2 Pro, but to get the best out of the larger sensor in both video and photography, you need to post process.

From what you have said, it is a choice between the MA2 or the M2 Zoom. If money is not an issue, I would probably go for the Zoom personally as I believe the zoom function is great for getting closer to objects when the drone cant. It also has manual control of the camera and the quality is also great. It also has the 9 image super-resolution mode. If money is an issue, then you can't go wrong with the MA2, which has a newer sensor, active track 3 and will probably get a number of upgrades from DJI in firmware updates.

Just my tuppence.

- is size difference a big issue ?
- obstacle avoidance is not all around it , so in active track, will it be an issue ? ( I rather be worry free as I have a motorcycle and wouldn't mind trying something with that eventually)
- Will it be able to run the smart controller ?
- Will it accept googles ?

what would you guys suggest I go for between the 3 ?

Anyone with more experience that takes the time to chime in, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you guys.
Size difference it remains to be seen how much that matters.

Obstacle avoidance well seems there’s not as much but again let’s see how that plays out in practice personally I’m never in a situation where obstacle avoidance means anything but you may.

Yes it will work with a smart controller.

Well if it works with a smart controller then I suppose it will work with goggles but I haven’t seen anything definite on that.

For me not working with go and 3rd party apps is a big issue but perhaps you won’t care.

I’m a big fan of the Zoom and almost bought one until the rule change here in Europe meant it would be a useless for me in two years. So, I’ve decided to wait and stick with what I have. If that wasn’t the case, I’d have bought one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair