DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about the Directional Compass Like thing on the MA2

bkushner

Reactions
Sometimes I see when I'm flying in the bottom center of the screen the compass like thing to show you where the drone is relative to the controller. Two questions.

Why isn't this always visible and what does it mean when it turns red and shows something with a red line through it?

Thanks

If you tap the map on the left to minimize, the indicator icon should show up.

People who have bought the new Smart Controller are having an issue with it not reading properly.

8B1B09BB-471E-4D34-A0AB-9A12E38F4D83.png

Very often the red rectangle with a slash shows up because the compass of the phone has entered power saving mode. Move the phone a bit will wake it up

8B1B09BB-471E-4D34-A0AB-9A12E38F4D83.png

Very often the red rectangle with a slash shows up because the compass of the phone has entered power saving mode. Move the phone a bit will wake it up
Groove info!!! learning....learning....

Reactions: dozzn
I had the same problem and I stumbled around on my settings and found out I didn't have something checked that I needed to. It showed up fine after that.

I went to settings on my ipad, then to djifly app, location and checked while using app, guess I could have checked always.. Hope this will work for you.

I went to settings on my ipad, then to djifly app, location and checked while using app, guess I could have checked always.. Hope this will work for you.

Your original ipad setting forbidded the DJI FLY app to access the location information of the ipad. Under that cirumstance the radar icon will ALWAYS be red.

If the icon just turns red occasionally, it's more likely because the compass of the mobile device has entered power saving mode. Moving the device a bit will solve the problem.

Again not an expert but here is what I have seen

I get the bottom picture but if I do not have a compass it goes away.

I believe that you need some connectivity for it to work.

I have been flying the past week on an OLD Ipad 5th gen.....it works but outside of wifi range on mine the bottom does not work.

I understand that and live with it.

I believe that you need some connectivity for it to work.

I have been flying the past week on an OLD Ipad 5th gen.....it works but outside of wifi range on mine the bottom does not work.

No connectivity is required for that radar icon to work. It just need the location and direction of the mobile device. I bet your ipad does not have GPS. When WiFi is availble, the system will try to estimate the location of the device from the WiFi signal so the radar icon works but the accuracy should be very poor.

IPads that are Wi-Fi only don't have GPS so the orientation indicator probably won't work for them.

If you are only interested in which way the AC is pointing relative to you but not so much where it is around you, the map can show you that, as well as orientation to you with assumption you're facing north.

No connectivity is required for that radar icon to work. It just need the location and direction of the mobile device. I bet your ipad does not have GPS. When WiFi is availble, the system will try to estimate the location of the device from the WiFi signal so the radar icon works but the accuracy should be very poor.

Connectivity is not an issue. if you want maps w/o cel or wifi then just do 'online maps' from google......it works on my Ipad 5th gen.

Just got tthe zenpad and will see what happens!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15