DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

question about transfer of images to phone

New England Droning

Reactions
I have the mini 2 and for standard jpegs and video, I just pull the card and import it to lightroom... BUT today I played with some of the other functions like sphere and 180 and the others. Now I have to learn how to transfer these to my mobile device in the correct format and since DJI (as someone put it, this is another question, "They just gave up and expect us to explore and figure it out")
Well if there is a video that goes overdoing the basic transfer and if the process is different for the sphere and others is there a video for that?
Also, I tried to do the upload to Facebook of the sphere and I'm guessing I have to have the whole system hooked up (phone to controller and mini2 on to upload the sphere to upload to Facebook but again nothing I've found so far confirms this...

Is this the right area to ask this question?

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff's world.jpgJeff's world.jpg
This is what I wanted to get out of the phone and be able to use it. It seems DJI has abandoned the end-users when it comes to what to do with the images we capture... Not a big fan of not being able to use what I create. I had to create this in Photoshop with the image created by the sphere app on the drone.

I have been following this trying to figure out what it is your doing as name is different from my DJI. I have a function that is called Asteroid and it is a video done out of a panorama....is this the same thing you are doing under a different name on your aircraft? When my M2 creates mine it does all the stitching and puts the finished product in a folder of the same name, it saves all the single shots as well in a different folder in the DCIM folder. I have linked my "Video" all done in drone, no post.

Reactions: New England Droning
I have been following this trying to figure out what it is your doing as name is different from my DJI. I have a function that is called Asteroid and it is a video done out of a panorama....is this the same thing you are doing under a different name on your aircraft? When my M2 creates mine it does all the stitching and puts the finished product in a folder of the same name, it saves all the single shots as well in a different folder in the DCIM folder. I have linked my "Video" all done in drone, no post.

Where does the "Asteroid" come from? do you have the smart controller and it's built-in there?
I've gone over a few of the "beginner" videos and have learned a few things piecemeal. I'm really wondering why DJI hasn't asked for how-to videos from the YouTubers out there. I bet they would love to be an "official" youtube video for free...
It seems that the finished sphere product though and the 360 (inside a globe) view is like what we see on our phones. you can see the effects while it's on your phone but you can't export it so anyone else can see it without your phone.
I know this happens on my G20 and it is disappointing but they have made inroads to making it available outside the phone.
Let's hope DJI works on this as well

Merry Christmas, Happy and safe flying...

Where does the "Asteroid" come from? do you have the smart controller and it's built-in there?
I've gone over a few of the "beginner" videos and have learned a few things piecemeal. I'm really wondering why DJI hasn't asked for how-to videos from the YouTubers out there. I bet they would love to be an "official" youtube video for free...
It seems that the finished sphere product though and the 360 (inside a globe) view is like what we see on our phones. you can see the effects while it's on your phone but you can't export it so anyone else can see it without your phone.
I know this happens on my G20 and it is disappointing but they have made inroads to making it available outside the phone.
Let's hope DJI works on this as well

Merry Christmas, Happy and safe flying...
Yes I have a SC, and no it has nothing to do with it :p It is a feature set built into my M2Z (Mavic 2 Zoom) Quick Shot menu. Each DJI has their own...some overlap model to model, some don't :) As for how to use and extract, I find it is always how to word the search, the shorter more concise the verbaige the better. If there is a question you can bet more likely than not the answer lies on YouTube and you weren't the first to ask it. ;)

Asteroid is in the quick shot menu of the Fly app. It should make the movie on it's own and put it on the SD card. I find that it will randomly cache some things to the phone in a low resolution version. I haven't really researched why some things get cached and others don't but I always download from the SD card anyway so it's not that important to me. I do recall one time that an asteroid shot cached to my phone and I could upload it from there. Stuff like the 360 pano are always a flattened file that rely on uploading to a specialized viewer (Facebook will make it automatically).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird