DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about two devices

BlueRidge

Reactions
Hi All,

I did a search to find this information first and didn't locate it. I apologize if this subject has been covered. My biggest fear is a flyaway. The thought of that much money literally "flying away" scares the heck out of me, not to mention the potential damage to somebody or their property.

I want to do some photography/videography in an area with no cell service. Is this going to affect the Mavic Pro's performance, connection to the remote, etc…? Is there anything special that I should know? Should I turn off cellular so that my phone isn't constantly searching for a signal?

Second, is there any way to have a second device be able to "view" the Mavic Camera. I use my iPhone 6s with the remote control and would really like to be able to connect my iPad as well for a larger view. I have seen third party apps that claim to do this, but I don't want to use third party apps. The iPad does not have cellular capability.

Thank you in advance for the help.

My biggest fear is a flyaway. The thought of that much money literally "flying away" scares the heck out of me.
DJI drones don't fly away.
The best way to prevent losing your drone is to learn as much as you can about how it is programmed and how to use it properly.
I want to do some photography/videography in an area with no cell service. Is this going to affect the Mavic Pro's performance, connection to the remote, etc…? Is there anything special that I should know? Should I turn off cellular so that my phone isn't constantly searching for a signal?
No cell service makes no difference.
Likewise airplane mode or not won't make any difference either.

Second, is there any way to have a second device be able to "view" the Mavic Camera. I use my iPhone 6s with the remote control and would really like to be able to connect my iPad as well for a larger view. I have seen third party apps that claim to do this, but I don't want to use third party apps. The iPad does not have cellular capability.
You can use different devices but only one at a time.
The iPad lacking cellular capacity is still quite useable (as long as it's processor is fast enough).

Thank you both for the fast replies. I suspected that only one device could be used at once, but there are far more experienced people on this forum.

I suspected that only one device could be used at once,
You have following options:
a) use a third party app to mirror the iPhone screen to an iPad
b) instead of an iPhone use a CrystalSky (CS) Monitor. This CS has a HDMI port. This one can be connected to a Monitor with HDMI IN and thats it.
c) Get another Remote Controller (RC) . Link this RC as second RC to you your existing setup. Mount on this RC the iPad. You have a second viewing device and you can in addition control the aircraft if needed.

You have following options:
a) use a third party app to mirror the iPhone screen to an iPad
b) instead of an iPhone use a CrystalSky (CS) Monitor. This CS has a HDMI port. This one can be connected to a Monitor with HDMI IN and thats it.
c) Get another Remote Controller (RC) . Link this RC as second RC to you your existing setup. Mount on this RC the iPad. You have a second viewing device and you can in addition control the aircraft if needed.
To add another Option: I use this Feelworld Monitor with my Smart Controller, which has an HDMI output port as does the Crystal Sky. Super bright display at 2200 Nits.
LifThor SC Pro / FeelWorld FW279 7" COMBO | thors-drone-world

The OP has posted this in the Mavic Pro section.
The SC does not work with the Mavic Pro.
Oops! You are SO right. I missed that. Thanks.

DJI drones don't fly away.
The best way to prevent losing your drone is to learn as much as you can about how it is programmed and how to use it properly.

No cell service makes no difference.
Likewise airplane mode or not won't make any difference either.

----

I disagree with cell service not making a difference. Yes, I agree it won't affect aircraft operation; HOWEVER, if the pilot crashes, he will have no map of the area to help him try an locate the crashed aircraft. That was invaluable to me when my P3A was downed by a hawk attack. It showed me which roads to use to get to the area. I would have been unable to get to the aircraft without the map.

I realize that the poster said that they were going to be in an area with no cellphone coverage, so it might be a good idea to download the maps for that area ahead of time.

Airplane mode will prevent distractions from incoming calls and notifications during your flight. I was initially using my wife’s phone and email notifications kept popping up on the screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661