DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question /idea for the forums ( mods/admin)

DrizzyDrones

Reactions
Ok so im not a long time member or a professional pilot by any means. I do try to give back for the knowledge and help the site has given me.

I was just thinking that we do see alot of questions asked that have been asked and answered many times.

what if as a group we all submit some tips /answers/links to other threads basically a FAQ

once we got Peoples submissions we take the best/most frequently asked by people (alot of people nake an account just to ask ) and we have a mod make it a sticky.

we can do a basic Quick faq post or a more in depth guide with sections

and I am not talking about the basic stuff that is in the manual but I just think if there was a sticky thread at the top telling new members to read before making a thread... that contained some answers as well as topics that have links to a thread that has already Thoroughly discussed

example: range extenders
Yagi (link)
Parabolic (link)
Other(link$

Motor speed errror-
uncommanded decent /prop issue

link

and at the top the quick stuff that doesn’t require a link for example

Q.Pressed Return to home and it started to decend
A closer than 20m from home point

fcc model -

ce model

you get the point and if we had the active members help And do it as a ‘community project’ it wouldn’t be alot of work and the stick would be closed to reples but can continually be added to. Eventually it could be the mavic mini new pilot bible ahaa

just an idea alot of good knowledge and answers have been posted here but people create a new thread instead of search. Everyone can contribute and the Whatever is aproved for the sticky gets put in it.

Ok so im not a long time member or a professional pilot by any means. I do try to give back for the knowledge and help the site has given me.

I was just thinking that we do see alot of questions asked that have been asked and answered many times.

what if as a group we all submit some tips /answers/links to other threads basically a FAQ

once we got Peoples submissions we take the best/most frequently asked by people (alot of people nake an account just to ask ) and we have a mod make it a sticky.

we can do a basic Quick faq post or a more in depth guide with sections

and I am not talking about the basic stuff that is in the manual but I just think if there was a sticky thread at the top telling new members to read before making a thread... that contained some answers as well as topics that have links to a thread that has already Thoroughly discussed

example: range extenders
Yagi (link)
Parabolic (link)
Other(link$

Motor speed errror-
uncommanded decent /prop issue

link

and at the top the quick stuff that doesn’t require a link for example

Q.Pressed Return to home and it started to decend
A closer than 20m from home point

fcc model -

ce model

you get the point and if we had the active members help And do it as a ‘community project’ it wouldn’t be alot of work and the stick would be closed to reples but can continually be added to. Eventually it could be the mavic mini new pilot bible ahaa

just an idea a lot of good knowledge and answers have been posted here but people create a new thread instead of search. Everyone can contribute and the Whatever is approved for the sticky gets put in it.
In theory it is a great idea. However in practice I think it is a lot of work for those that contribute, and it will be ignored by the majority of those who ask questions here. Not to be mean to anyone but many people are just lazy. They don't use the search feature. They don't read the manual for their drone before flying or asking questions. They don't read the entire thread before posting a follow-up question (that has already been answered) or responding with the same exact answer that was already posted. They don't read the sticky posts.
I guess it is part of today's "I want it now" mentality. Why spend time doing a little work or research yourself when you can just post a question and have someone else do the research for you? Yes I know that is a very cynical view but it is unfortunately very true.

Lol yea i agree .. mabye a small quick faq wth say ten of the most repeated questions.. your right people dont want the answers from someone elses question they want real time answers mabye in case info is different...

Lol yea i agree .. mabye a small quick faq wth say ten of the most repeated questions.. your right people dont want the answers from someone elses question they want real time answers mabye in case info is different...
How many times have we all seen these questions?
  • What happens if I take off from the edge of a cliff and then fly down into a valley? Will my drone get confused with altitude?
  • Why are my batteries hot after a few days that I fully charged them and put them away without flying?
  • If I do X or Y, do I need a Part 107 license?
  • If I register my drone with the FAA, do I need to register again when I get a second drone?
  • Can I legally fly at night?
  • How do I take off from a moving boat? Hint: If you're new at this just don't do it.
  • How come I flew a few feet above the surface of a body of water and my drone took a plunge?
  • When should I calibrate my compass? My IMU? My controller?
It goes on and on. Many of the answers are right in the manual. Others have been asked and answered here hundreds of times. If we make yet another place to have the answers, I fear it is only one more place that will get ignored.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots