DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on precision take off option

Paul2660

Reactions
After several takeoffs, via the app and the take off icon I realized I am not seeing the “precision takeoff” check box, just the yellow slider to take off. There used to be a check box above the slider as I recall. This is with latest version of djigo4 and iOS.

Need to fire up older MPP and see if option is still there for it.

Thanks
Paul C

I really hope they didn’t remove this feature. I really enjoyed using this on my Mavic Pro.

Same here, depending on location it was very handy. If it’s there I sure can’t locate it as a setting to turn on.

Paul C

Same here, depending on location it was very handy. If it’s there I sure can’t locate it as a setting to turn on.

Paul C

Is it potentially under the advanced vision settings? I saw a thread where it was listed as “Precision Landing” for the Mavic Air under the Advanced Vision Settings.

Hello, so far all I can find there is "landing protection", and 2 other options, but none of them show the "precision Landing".

Strange if left off.

Paul C

What did precision landing do? I had a MP and never even knew it was there.

Every feature/algorithm requires processing power and battery power to run. It very well could have been left off to make room for a new feature.

If you select auto and it climbs to 20ft or so then its likely doing precision anyway

What did precision landing do? I had a MP and never even knew it was there.

Every feature/algorithm requires processing power and battery power to run. It very well could have been left off to make room for a new feature.

As the Mavic launched it took photos as it climbed so when it returned to auto land it used the gps data aswell as the photo to compare the landing location to the launch image it took and improve its landing procession

3 things:

Precision landing option only appears in gps mode.

It also likely only works when lighting is sufficient.

And it is my understanding that if you takeoff with the sticks, down and in, then ascend to a height of 20’, mavic will still precision land.

If none of these apply to you I am super curious what the answer is.

I checked the manual for the Mavic 2 and there is no mention of precision take off or landing anywhere. The older Mavic Pro manual has mentions of precision landing and take off.

I’m pretty disappointed they decided to remove this, consumer GPS is inherently inaccurate and can be up to 3M off. By taking the picture, they were able to land extremely accurately.

Reactions: S. Lee
I checked the manual for the Mavic 2 and there is no mention of precision take off or landing anywhere. The older Mavic Pro manual has mentions of precision landing and take off.

I’m pretty disappointed they decided to remove this, consumer GPS is inherently inaccurate and can be up to 3M off. By taking the picture, they were able to land extremely accurately.

Perhaps they perfected the technology and mavic2 always utilizes precision landing.

Reactions: Roamer105
Perhaps they perfected the technology and mavic2 always utilizes precision landing.
I was hoping that it would automatically do precision landing without any user input requirement but the user manual states auto take off will hover at 1.2M above ground which is far from what the original Mavic Pro would hover at while doing precision landing data collection.

It's just one of those things, you know. You get used to seeing it. Was also impressive to watch a RTH, and it come down on the pad, after being 2000' or feet away.

It very well be out due to version of DJIgo4 as I have not flown anything but the Pro 2 with this version, will try my Mavic and P4 in a few days.

Paul C

I do most of my flying off of moving boats.. probably why I never used it.

So what are people experiencing when the M2P lands itself? Within a few inches or totally off?

I posted this question as well. My RTH and auto-landings are off by several feet. I think they removed it unfortunately...

I must ask... what is the utility of precision landing?
That in the event of some problem meaning you cant control it (RC dies, drone becomes unresponsive etc) it'll return and land *exactly* where it took off from rather than a metre or 2 away on a rock, tree, puddle and so on.

I must ask... what is the utility of precision landing?
It gives the pilot an excuse to completely avoid learning how to land the A/C manually, so that when things go wrong, and they have no choice to do otherwise, they can use their DJI Refresh.:(

Reactions: Gray52
It gives the pilot an excuse to completely avoid learning how to land the A/C manually, so that when things go wrong, and they have no choice to do otherwise, they can use their DJI Refresh.:(

I always manually land my drone but should it come to a situation where I am unable to control the drone with my controller and RTH is activated, I would prefer that it lands exactly where it took off from as opposed to somewhere nearby which may not be a safe location to land.

Reactions: Supercaliber
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661