DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on usefulness of M2ED for thermal roof and solar inspections

Labphoto

Reactions
Looking for opinions on using the M2ED for thermal and solar inspections. Currently have an Inspire 2 and a MP2, might have a deal to trade the MP2 for the M2ED.

TIA

Looking for opinions on using the M2ED for thermal and solar inspections. Currently have an Inspire 2 and a MP2, might have a deal to trade the MP2 for the M2ED.

TIA
What does a thermal camera for the inspire cost? That'd be the better rig if you were making a stab at business use.

What does a thermal camera for the inspire cost? That'd be the better rig if you were making a stab at business use.

There is no DJI FLIR camera available for the Inspire 2.

As for the price, it ranges from $5K up to $14K depending on type, resolution, framerate and lens type. These are for Matrice series or some types (XT) are for the Inspire 1.

Reactions: hactick
There is no DJI FLIR camera available for the Inspire 2.

As for the price, it ranges from $5K up to $14K depending on type, resolution, framerate and lens type. These are for Matrice series or some types (XT) are for the Inspire 1.

There are off the shelf cameras you can use, like the FLIR Boson 640.

There are off the shelf cameras you can use, like the FLIR Boson 640.

Thats why i wrote: DJI FLIR camera.

You can, if you are a DIY guy, mount a third party gimbal underneath the I2.
Currently the FLIR Duo Pro R is the thermal camera to go.

Thats why i wrote: DJI FLIR camera.

You can, if you are a DIY guy, mount a third party gimbal underneath the I2.
Currently the FLIR Duo Pro R is the thermal camera to go.
Sweet, is it based on the 640 core?

What onboard control unit and transmitter would one use for that?

If you want to use it on an I2 look at this gimbal: 2 Axis Flir Duo Pro R Micro Gimbal for DJI Inspire 2

To control the gimbal and camara you can use any traditional RC providing PWM output signals.

For life video feed, any Xmitter for FPV racing will do it. (Immersion RC)

For other airframes like Matrice 600, use a Gremsy Pixy gimbal.

Reactions: hactick
This is a very good question and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. From my initial research it appears that this is quite good at giving a basic idea about the existence of hot spots, but doesn't have enough resolution to tell apart what's causing it. So a follow up will be required manually after the Drone inspection. I have made the plunge myself last Friday and purchased one. I'll be first trying to get the hang of this and later on will be able to share my insights on this.

Reactions: Labphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21