DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question regarding location of GPS on 5.5"

Auspete

Reactions
Thinking about buying a CS 5.5" for my Mavic and mounting it using the DJI mounting bracket. I note that using the DJI bracket turns the monitor upside down so that the GPS part of the device is pointing towards the ground instead of the sky. The manual states that the GPS should not be obstructed in anyway.
Just wondering whether anyone has had any problems with GPS connectivity when using this set up.

Reactions: The Ghost
Thinking about buying a CS 5.5" for my Mavic and mounting it using the DJI mounting bracket. I note that using the DJI bracket turns the monitor upside down so that the GPS part of the device is pointing towards the ground instead of the sky. The manual states that the GPS should not be obstructed in anyway.
Just wondering whether anyone has had any problems with GPS connectivity when using this set up.
To me that question makes no sense. The GPS is simply being flipped upside down. How does turning the monitor around obstruct it?

Yep - probably showing my ignorance. The diagram of the unit points to a thing on top of the monitor and I imagined it was like an aerial that had to point towards the sky.

No issues with mine, though I like the way you think ;)

Reactions: Auspete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lagunadci