DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about your Mini 3 Pro’s…

tubemkr

Reactions
I’ve been flying a Mavic Pro and a Mini 3 Pro for about a month now. Seems like I’m putting more time on the Mavic, but my mind has it that everything about the Mavic Pro seems more consistent from one flight to the next. Perhaps it’s just all in my head, but it prompts me to ask you folks who have more experience with the Mini 3 Pro’s a few questions about the behavior of your craft. Here goes…

1) Strobes… do yours continue flashing for the duration of the flight, or do they go out at some point? I thought I saw a setting to turn them on and off, but couldn’t find it. Perhaps it is in the Mavic settings and not the Mini.

2) Yaw… seems like the setting for stopping yaw smoothly or abruptly keeps putting itself in smoother settings, which would be fine for cinematic mode (never used) but when I want the drone to stop rotating, I want it to stop NOW. Is it possible the settings only apply to the mode you’re in when it gets set?

3) Still missing the voice and collision avoidance buzzer/notifications from the remote. (Yes, I know how to use the mute and volume features on the settings panel) I tried resetting the remote with no luck to get the sounds back. I liked having the audible low battery notification better than relying on myself constantly looking at it. Has yours continued working? I’ve searched many forums for a resolution to this issue, and I’m not one single case was one ever identified and/or the OP never gave feedback as to what resolved the problem.

4) Precise landing… I swear I had and used that feature on this drone. However, i noticed rather imprecise landings and went into the settings to see if an update had turned off precise landings. Lo, I could never locate that option. I thought that (earlier) hovering at around 20 feet directly above my landing pad used to give me a notice that precise landing has been enabled, and that it always landed within a few inches of that spot when RTH was used. This is no longer the case. Am I confusing the Mini with my Mavic? Does your Mini 3 have precise landing?
Perhaps I’m just being thick headed and confusing features of both crafts and just can’t separate which one has which features. Am I the only one wondering about these things?

4) Precise landing… I swear I had and used that feature on this drone. However, i noticed rather imprecise landings and went into the settings to see if an update had turned off precise landings. Lo, I could never locate that option.
You couldn't locate it because the Mini 3 has never had that feature.

@tubemkr ,i can sympathise with you to some extent,i have a MPP and a Min3 pro,and the problem is because, not only do they have different features ,but the Apps are also different in the way the information is provided on screen
with the MPP if i tick the small precision landing check box before i take off then i can honestly say that the MPP will land on the pad every time,if i don't ,then that accuracy goes away
the mini 3 pro with the latest updates has a lot more features for adjusting the flight parameters now in the app ,which were missing when it first came out

Reactions: tubemkr
@tubemkr , on the Mini 3 Pro. if you are recording the lights go out to prevent them from potentially interfering with the recording.

There are settings, I'd have to look where, to adjust the speed of many aspects of the Mini 3.. they can be set for the different flight modes, cine, normal or sport.

Reactions: Cafguy and tubemkr
@tubemkr , on the Mini 3 Pro. if you are recording the lights go out to prevent them from potentially interfering with the recording.

There are settings, I'd have to look where, to adjust the speed of many aspects of the Mini 3.. they can be set for the different flight modes, cine, normal or sport.
That must be the deal on the strobes! I was recording when I noticed them being off. Makes perfect sense.

There are flashing lights but not easily seen in daylight, I believe. I’ve only flown indoors, I’m a neophyte.
Ive only flown indoors once, but my indoor pets didn’t like it much. Lol I’m betting Macinfo got it right about the strobes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1