DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick question on waypoints with Litchi

L98ster

Reactions
Hi everyone!

For those of you who use Litchi for waypoint missions, I was curious if anyone has created a mission that only involved a take off point and landing point.

The idea would be to take off at a certain point, and fly a straight line to a landing point. To be clear I would be landing at a different point far away from the home point.

Also, would this be possible if the landing point was out of range of the controller, meaning that the flight would become completely autonomous and still land without connection to the RC?

I don't think I have the guts to try this, but was curious of the functionality/limitations of the Litchi app.

Thanks!!
-George

Hi everyone!

For those of you who use Litchi for waypoint missions, I was curious if anyone has created a mission that only involved a take off point and landing point.

The idea would be to take off at a certain point, and fly a straight line to a landing point. To be clear I would be landing at a different point far away from the home point.

Also, would this be possible if the landing point was out of range of the controller, meaning that the flight would become completely autonomous and still land without connection to the RC?

I don't think I have the guts to try this, but was curious of the functionality/limitations of the Litchi app.

Thanks!!
-George

Hi,

Litchi does all that you are looking for and more. I’ve tested these very similar functionalities it over very short flights and it works.

To gain confidence, I would suggest that you try it out also over a short flight where you still have a visual of the craft, turn off your control and confirm that the the craft continues with the mission.

@MavicWorld is spot on. also remember to set you first waypoint very close to your take off point. this way you can establish altitude right away and before you head to second waypoint or landing.

Reactions: MavicWorld
I hope you don't want it to land within a small area because there will be some slop with GPS and maps. I fly waypoint missions all of the time, and there is always a little error n accuracy.

I hope you don't want it to land within a small area because there will be some slop with GPS and maps. I fly waypoint missions all of the time, and there is always a little error n accuracy.
GREAT point! On your advice, i will be sure the landing site is an open field! Thanks!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One