DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshot speeds up?

dscline

Reactions
I did a some quick testing of quickshot last night. I looked at the videos on my phone, and they all start off at normal speed, then speed up to something that looks like 4x, then back to regular speed towards the end of the shot. I haven't noticed the other quickshot videos I've seen doing this. Granted, I haven't looked at the video on the SD car yet, just the cached copy on my phone. I did some searching on youtube, and found someone else experiencing this (see below). Is anyone els seeing this? Is this normal for the cached copy? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

Reactions: Vilco
I did a some quick testing of quickshot last night. I looked at the videos on my phone, and they all start off at normal speed, then speed up to something that looks like 4x, then back to regular speed towards the end of the shot. I haven't noticed the other quickshot videos I've seen doing this. Granted, I haven't looked at the video on the SD car yet, just the cached copy on my phone. I did some searching on youtube, and found someone else experiencing this (see below). Is anyone els seeing this? Is this normal for the cached copy? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

I don't know, I can just add that my experience with the clips on the phone has been the same, at least for Dronie, they are all accelerated just as you said and showed: they start at normal speed then after some seconds they speed up to something like 4X and then back to normal.
I checked the clips on the SD card, however, and they don't show the acceleration. Which TBH is not that much disturbing: I somehow appreciate it

Ah, ok, must just be something on the cached quickshots. I'll confirm with the SD when I have a chance. And I agree, I don't mind it, as long as the unaltered version is on the SD card.

In the iOS version of dji Go4 app, you now have the choice to save your Quickshot clips to the camera roll with two options:
- an unedited version
- An auto-edited version (sped up and with music)

Reactions: dscline
Thanks Pancaro, I'm using the Android version. I'll poke around and see if I have that too, but mine are sped up, but w/o music.

Mine speed up on the cached video also. SD footage is fine though.

Yes, the video on the SD is "normal". Only the version that is streamed to the phone is sped up.

In the iOS version of dji Go4 app, you now have the choice to save your Quickshot clips to the camera roll with two options:
- an unedited version
- An auto-edited version (sped up and with music)

I quite liked the edited version (sped up) but there's no way to save it. If you save as processed, it starts making a whole new clip. In my case it actually slowed down the video not sped up :(

SD card has the non edited version which is quite boring

any update here? I'm new, and just tried quick shot mode today and found same problem, the video's first 1/3 and last 1/3 are normal speed, but middle 1/3 is very fast. Any idea from DJI?

eausway, it's not at all a bug from DJI : it's just a feature.

If you want , they sped up the phone version so it looks more cool to share on social medias right from your phone minutes after you took it

but the full quality version on your SD card is normal speed, because it gives you the ability to slow it down, at your will, with your regular video editing program on your computer

makes sense now for me ;)

Lol, I found this thread because I was looking for the exact opposite thing. I like the auto edited speed-up version and was disappointed that the video on the drone is the normal speed all the way. Is there any way to have it in the edited version if I don't have the cache on my phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190