DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshots

JDUB_54

Reactions
I did a couple quickshots today, Dronie and Helix. Nothing recorded to my SD card. The camera was set to record. I watched a couple videos before I flew the quickshots and they indicated the the record was automatic. I hit the record button and that didn't start the recording either.

I did a couple quickshots today, Dronie and Helix. Nothing recorded to my SD card. The camera was set to record. I watched a couple videos before I flew the quickshots and they indicated the the record was automatic. I hit the record button and that didn't start the recording either.

The quickshots have to fully complete to be saved to the SD card for some reason. Clicking the record button during the quick shot likely actually turned it off. Also the length of the quick shot will be different from the cache file that you see on the DJI Go 4 app since DJI Go edits the file, the video file on the SD card of the Quickshot is not edited. Sometimes I think they didn’t record but when I look a little closer I find them.

The quickshots have to fully complete to be saved to the SD card for some reason. Clicking the record button during the quick shot likely actually turned it off. Also the length of the quick shot will be different from the cache file that you see on the DJI Go 4 app since DJI Go edits the file, the video file on the SD card of the Quickshot is not edited. Sometimes I think they didn’t record but when I look a little closer I find them.

I’ll be trying it again for sure. Thanks.

Brett, are you pretty sure about that? Like, if I kill the dronie before it gets to the assigned altitude, no video is saved? That is a very important piece of information, and I was not aware of that. That could be serious if I did a helix or dronie at a wedding and decided to cut the autonomous flight short.

Brett, are you pretty sure about that? Like, if I kill the dronie before it gets to the assigned altitude, no video is saved? That is a very important piece of information, and I was not aware of that. That could be serious if I did a helix or dronie at a wedding and decided to cut the autonomous flight short.

That’s been my experience and I know I am not the only one. Give it a try yourself and see

That’s been my experience and I know I am not the only one. Give it a try yourself and see
I'll certainly do that. We are going to do a wedding for a friend. Most of it will be done with our normal ground cameras, but we plan to do a couple shots with the drone. Thanks for the info.

Hi. It’s been awhile since I first posted this. I’ve never been able to get quickshots to work. I’ve googled it many times and I’ve never heard a good answer. The quickshot is supposed to start recording after you draw the box around subject and touch go. My record button never activates nor does the the timer ring. The drone does the maneuver however. I wish I could figure out what is the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty