DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quicktransfer function ont the dji fly app. problems.

monchan

Reactions
I have the dji Air 3 Fly More Combo.
So I am using the RC-2 controller and have no problems with either.
Can download files to pc, and use them no problem.

But I installed the DJI fly app. to my phone and a tablet so I could use the
quicktransfer function and post stuff and use that lightcut app.

But I can only transfer the the low-res preview files.
It says connect to divice to download the original files.
But I am already connected to the drone via the Fly app. on my phone/ tablet.

Am I missing something?
Can someone who uses the RC-2 check if they can download the full size files.

Thanks.

How can you have a phone or tablet connected to the drone without a RC involved?

With the fly app installed on my phone. it still connects to the drone. naturally I can`t fly or control it.
But it does allow you to connect the phone and drone in order to use the quicktransfer function.
Which works but only downloads the low res previews.

Reactions: slup
How can you have a phone or tablet connected to the drone without a RC involved?
For the purposes of downloading images etc. is supposedly possible to establish a wifi connection between some drones and a phone etc.
I have been able to do it once with a mini 2 but only once, every attempt after that failed.
It was, from memory, very slow.
Besides it always seems far, far faster to put the drone's mSD card in a reader that is attached to whatever.

You might like to read page 71 of the Air 3 manual
which includes
"DJI RC 2 does not support QuickTransfer."
but the section then goes on to talk about various aspects of the transfer, which seems an odd way to 'group' things.Yeah
Yeah I have read that. I am not trying to use the rc-2 for quicktransfer.
I have installed DJI fly onto my phone and want use the quicktranfer.
All my manual says is "use quick transfer to export footage to a mobile device"

You said"Besides it always seems far, far faster to put the drone's mSD card in a reader that is attached to whatever."
Naturally this is what I do with my pc. But I want to use the quicktransfer to my phone. I don`t want to get the images from drone to pc and then pc to drone just to use the lightcut app. or post to facebook while away from my pc.

The video that slup posted shows exactly what I am trying to do, but can only download low res images from the cache files. Thanks for taking the time and trying to find an answer.

And you've followed the process described in below video?

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I did do exactly as the video you posted. But just not happening.
When I do it I get a notification up top saying Low-res previews. I will try a newer device, I wonder if my phone is too old?
thanks again for posting that vid.

All my manual says is "use quick transfer to export footage to a mobile device"
Page 71 versions 1.0 & 1.2
"DJI Air 3 can connect directly to mobile devices via Wi-Fi, enabling users to download photos and videos from the aircraft to the mobile device through DJI Fly without using the remote controller. Users can enjoy faster and more convenient downloads with a transmission rate of up to 30 MB/s.
Usage
Method 1: mobile device is not connected to the remote controller

1. Power on the aircraft and wait until the self-diagnostic tests of the aircraft are complete.
  2. Make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on the mobile device. Launch DJI Fly and a prompt will appear to connect to the aircraft.
  3. Tap Connect. Once successfully connected, the files on the aircraft can be accessed and downloaded at high speed. When connecting the mobile device to the aircraft for the first time, press and hold the power button of the aircraft for two seconds to confirm."

The above said, I recollect with the mini 2 having to set up a wifi network between the drone and the phone and judging by the number of complaining threads that seems difficult to impossible and I succeeded only once.

images from drone to pc and then pc to drone j

Readers are available that connect directly to the phone, I have one for micro USB and they appear to be available for USB-C and lightning connectors.

Reactions: monchan
Thanks for posting that. I went back to my manual and a few pages were out of order after printing and binding it.
But yeah, still no luck as it is the same as what I am doing.
Will have to ask DJI I think.

Are the drone and phone both connected to the same wifi network? Is Bluetooth enabled on your phone? Android or Apple phone? I have S21 Ultra and Mavic 3 Classic, I transfer this way almost every time I fly with zero issues.

Reactions: monchan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne