DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radar, Drones and the Super Bowl

Heh, I have been wanting to take mine up around Olympic Park (just up the street from Mercedes Benz) but think I’ll wait until next week at least. There are also helicopters flying around (with some sort of DOE radiation sensors, at least that was publicly disclosed) and a small plane with some weird looking equipment on the wings constantly circling, and the game is still a week away.

Heh, I have been wanting to take mine up around Olympic Park (just up the street from Mercedes Benz) but think I’ll wait until next week at least. There are also helicopters flying around (with some sort of DOE radiation sensors, at least that was publicly disclosed) and a small plane with some weird looking equipment on the wings constantly circling, and the game is still a week away.

Did they look like these?

‘Massive’ low-flying helicopter to test radiation levels in Baltimore

1548734981402.png

"Officials told CBS Baltimore that the large chopper will at times fly as low as 150 feet off the ground, "

That seems very low, I imagine they are not moving very fast.

"Officials told CBS Baltimore that the large chopper will at times fly as low as 150 feet off the ground, "

Sniff, sniff, sniff.............. :rolleyes:

I think the ones here (that have been both downtown and over my house) have been a little higher. I’d estimate 3-400 feet. But they’re moving very slow. I’d guess something between 15-30 kts.

I think the ones here (that have been both downtown and over my house) have been a little higher. I’d estimate 3-400 feet. But they’re moving very slow. I’d guess something between 15-30 kts.
Was just talking to my brother who lives in Flowery Branch just north of Atlanta and he said he had two huge helicopters fly over his house very low. I would bet these are them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada