DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio Signal Level Logs

MathAddict

Reactions
I'm an amateur radio operator and new Mavic Air 2 pilot. I'd like to experiment with various methods of increasing the signal level to my Mavic Air 2 but I understand that the app.airdata.com log doesn't display Radio Signal % correctly. Several times in my logs I will get a weak signal or RC signal lost notification yet the log shows a Radio Signal of 100%.

Is there any way to get an accurate report of the signal level and which frequency is being used? Real time would be best but something readable after flight would be acceptable too.

Best,

Jim

I am not aware of the presence of such info based on what I have seen in the flight log files of the Air 2. What you can get is the packet loss rate on the downlink and the radio signal strength ( probably downlink also ) in a 1-5 scale, not dBm.

The info on the uplink signal strength and quality is likely stored only in the craft and unfortunately those info can be decrypted by DJI only.

The best info you can get on the channel being used, the level of interference and the received downlink signal strength is bringing out the channel status chart in the app and do screen recording. I have studied the chart a bit and believe that there is transmit power control at least on the drone side. The tx power will go up if the drone gets far or the controller is hit by interference. If there is no interference, the received downlink signal strength is always kept at about - 107 dBm at any distance within the control range so the info may not be useful for your purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: MathAddict
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty