DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Railroad bridge as a Symbol of Skrunda city!

Proffy

Reactions
Skrunda railway bridge is a three span metal bridge crossing river Venta in Skrunda with the static scheme of 31.68 m + 62.16 m + 31.68 m and with a full length of 153 m, built in 1928. The original metal span construction was designed as per regulations issued in 1907.

Imagine that's Skrunda Latvia ..? Passed through there with my dirt bike & friends a couple years ago, we checked out the former Russian secret radio surveillance site a couple kilometres north of the city, had later lunch in the city & pressed then on to the most eastern part of the country then over to Estonia & back home to Sweden via Tallinn.

• Love
Reactions: Proffy
Imagine that's Skrunda Latvia ..? Passed through there with my dirt bike & friends a couple years ago, we checked out the former Russian secret radio surveillance site a couple kilometres north of the city, had later lunch in the city & pressed then on to the most eastern part of the country then over to Estonia & back home to Sweden via Tallinn.
You do great guys! We're isn't so lucky to get to it? but we got to the most secret base in USSR! :)

Reactions: Geoff9251 and slup
You do great guys! We're isn't so lucky to get to it? but we got to the most secret base in USSR! :)
Yep, we were there also ... already the first day of our trip as it was so close to Ventspils where we got off the ferry. Think we visited like 30-40 abandoned places, either secret cities or just launch sites for intercontinental missiles. As we was travelling with dirt bikes we could easily access all without drawing to much attention ... it was easy to see when we came close to something military as it suddenly was concrete roads with large radius curves in the middle of the forest ... most probably transport roads for the trucks that should take the missiles from storage to the launch site. Both Latvia & Estonia was amazing to ride through with dirt bikes with all these sandy trails & small gravel roads ... the trip was in total 10 days & we traveled between 250-300km /day. Thumbswayup :cool:

Yep, we were there also ... already the first day of our trip as it was so close to Ventspils where we got off the ferry. Think we visited like 30-40 abandoned places, either secret cities or just launch sites for intercontinental missiles. As we was travelling with dirt bikes we could easily access all without drawing to much attention ... it was easy to see when we came close to something military as it suddenly was concrete roads with large radius curves in the middle of the forest ... most probably transport roads for the trucks that should take the missiles from storage to the launch site. Both Latvia & Estonia was amazing to ride through with dirt bikes with all these sandy trails & small gravel roads ... the trip was in total 10 days & we traveled between 250-300km /day. Thumbswayup :cool:
Awesome trip!!!

I would have liked to see a train cross that span as part of the video. The USSR Army Legacy video was really great, I especially loved the narrative, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Squidinc
I would have liked to see a train cross that span as part of the video. The USSR Army Legacy video was really great, I especially loved the narrative, thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Great idea! Trains crossing only few times a day there, need to check its schedule next time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman