DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random red screen with no explanation?

88lance

Reactions
Hello everyone, I had a strange thing happen during a flight that I have never seen before.

I was flying over some fields about 3,500 feet out, a little after sunset.

My range was set a lot farther out, and I was at 300 feet altitude with my limiter set at 410. So I was not near either of my limiters.

My signal was full bars, occasionally dropping only one of the bars.

Batteries on controller 50% and aircraft 88%.

So I don't see anywhere warnings would be coming from. I did get a couple yellow notices saying the visibility was low, (getting dim after sunset), but no issues from it.

Suddenly the whole perimeter of my screen turned red for about 4 seconds. Then back to normal. Then about 5 seconds later, it happened again for about 2 seconds. Then never came back.

No messages ever appeared. I have seen the yellow border on the front or sides when a sensor sees something, but never a bright red border all the way around.

I replayed the flight afterwards and there is no indication of it at all.

Does anyone know what this was?

Hello everyone, I had a strange thing happen during a flight that I have never seen before.

I was flying over some fields about 3,500 feet out, a little after sunset.

My range was set a lot farther out, and I was at 300 feet altitude with my limiter set at 410. So I was not near either of my limiters.

My signal was full bars, occasionally dropping only one of the bars.

Batteries on controller 50% and aircraft 88%.

So I don't see anywhere warnings would be coming from. I did get a couple yellow notices saying the visibility was low, (getting dim after sunset), but no issues from it.

Suddenly the whole perimeter of my screen turned red for about 4 seconds. Then back to normal. Then about 5 seconds later, it happened again for about 2 seconds. Then never came back.

No messages ever appeared. I have seen the yellow border on the front or sides when a sensor sees something, but never a bright red border all the way around.

I replayed the flight afterwards and there is no indication of it at all.

Does anyone know what this was?
It may show in your flight logs.

If you’re not familiar with log files, do a search within the forum for how to post flight logs to Airdata and follow the guidelines. One of our forum members will be able to advise the results and hopefully identify what the message was about.

Was a plane near by mine had flashed red when a plane was within a half mile of me
That was one of my thoughts at the time, but usually it puts a tag up in the corner and verbally says something about a manned aircraft in the area. But instead it was only the red.
That's a good point though, maybe it just barely came along the borders of being in range, not giving the DJI time to say anything about it before going back out of the warning perimeter again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne