DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range drastically reduced

Pedro.FR2K

Reactions
So today I updated and calibrated everything on my Mavic Pro (including remote) and went out to test it this morning.
I usually fly 2.5km and come back, but this time I went a little bit over 950 meters and completely lost connection to the drone. I thought I lost it tbh.
Waited 7 minutes or so and there it was, RTH saved me from getting an heart attack.
I tried flying again, and again, went over 1Km and lost connection.
I wasn’t flying in the city or near a city so I know interferences aren’t the problem.
My remote antennas were set up properly, up and facing the drone direction.
What’s the problem here, What can I do to fix it?

Well, when you do a firmware update to the AC, all of your settings do go out the window, and you have to go thru them to get them to where they were before the update.

Now, it is possible that when you updated your AC, you went to a firmware level that has been hobbled or restricted flight characteristics, quizes etc..

I have not updated anything in almost 1.5 years on my setup, works perfectly fine, thank you.

Reactions: Clinton1
Well, when you do a firmware update to the AC, all of your settings do go out the window, and you have to go thru them to get them to where they were before the update.

Now, it is possible that when you updated your AC, you went to a firmware level that has been hobbled or restricted flight characteristics, quizes etc..

I have not updated anything in almost 1.5 years on my setup, works perfectly fine, thank you.

Guess I’m downgrading then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut