DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extender swap

Zen3

Reactions
I upgraded to a mavic pro from a phantom 3 standard. My standard had a upgraded range extender that worked really good. Not only for range but for image quality and interference. My question is, can I, or has anyone adapted this extender to a mavic pro? I included a pic of the extender I am talking about. A333DA92-3D31-43BB-AB57-127284EEBE40.png

I wouldn't make any changes to the Ocusync transmission system in the MP, it will void any warranty.

Ocusync 1.0 and 2.0 are already the best transmission systems DJI have developed.

The Mavic Pro is rated for 4.3 miles of range, changing the antennas could adversely affect this range and screen feed quality which is a big risk to take for really no gain at all.
The stock system is already excellent.

I would just try some parabolic range extenders with the stock antennas, the Three Kings brand has been used by a lot of people with good success, this will not void your warranty or affect DJI refresh.

Reactions: TimboAngelo
Ok thanks. Figured the upgraded system for the mavic might be compromised if I tried the swap. And I didn’t want to take everything apart without getting some input first. I have tons of good different types of antennas. Can I easily swap out the present antennas to test the ones I have. Do the stock antennas easily screw off? Again would doing this not be a good thing just like the kit.

Ok thanks. Figured the upgraded system for the mavic might be compromised if I tried the swap. And I didn’t want to take everything apart without getting some input first. I have tons of good different types of antennas. Can I easily swap out the present antennas to test the ones I have. Do the stock antennas easily screw off? Again would doing this not be a good thing just like the kit.
Leave it alone. You can only make it worse!

No, to get the stock antenna's out you'll need to completely disassemble the RC which is a bit risky, you could damage a lot of parts rendering the RC useless.

Once you take the stock antennas out, the plastic could be damaged and maybe impossible to put back in.

I've done this a few times to my controllers to make them compatible with amplified Titan antennas, but you end up damaging the stock ones trying to get them out.
You can see in the video , there is a lot of tugging , scrapping and crimping required.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929