DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extenders

detectorguy

Reactions
I was out with a friend flying and was getting all sorts of interference , and was wondering if Range extenders would help ? Also where do you get them . What would be a good type to get?

I bought two of the Titan units and didn't see any improvements in signal. .I've tried the plastic parabolic devices also, and again, zero gain as far as I could tell.

I offer this as a suggestion if you have the landscape to do so. Try flying from a high elevation where you can test the distance without anything being between the RC and the drone. I've only been at this for a year but can say for certain that the stock unit will fly 3 or 4 miles out before signal drops below my comfort level.

I live in an area surrounded by trees. If I do't drive to a high elevation and simply climb to 400 feet AGL, I can get a couple miles in one direction but only a half mile in the opposite direction. The only difference is the existence of power lines; which I'm guessing blocks signal.

Before buying into any of the snake oil that's out there, do yourself a service and do some research on radio waves; something I wish I had done.If you boost the RC, it can reach the drone at beyond the drones ability to send back to the RC, requiring amplification on the drone as well. Another thing to consider if I remember correctly is that the send and receive are on different frequencies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard