DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Booster

EightyTu

Reactions
Do these antenna extender work or is it just a gimmick?
After losing my drone when the remote disconnect I wonder if I should get one of these for my next drone.
Would it help with interference? Cheap insurance maybe?

Mavic Signal Booster

They do better direct your signal if you point toward the drone.
I'm curious if you had "return to home" set in the menu.

Ahhh gotcha! So it does somewhat help.
Yup I had it as "Return to Home", it never came home. :eek:
Just lost connection with the controller and that was it.

I fly where cell phone signals are spotty or nonexistent and therefore I use marco polo. Three times, in two years of flying, marco polo has enabled me to find a lost drone. One time a friend flew into a tree in a forest. He had my marco polo tag on his mavic 1. Using the marco polo finder I located it in a tree. My friend climbed into the tree and retrieved his drone. Without the marco polo signal we would have never found it. Another time he flew into a high cliff. We could tell from the signal about where it was but it took semi-professional rock climbers to reach it. Interestingly it was two months later when they finally got it back from the cliff and it flew perfectly after a change of propellers. No rain during the two months. The third time my Mavic 1 just took off on its own. I only knew its general direction when I started with the finder walking towards the area where I had last seen it. After walking in a wandering pattern we finally picked up the signal and were able to find it precariously perched on the edge of a canyon.

Reactions: EightyTu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quang_do