DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intermediate antenna to solve obstacle problem ?

TopMove

Reactions
After conducting research and reading through forum posts, I have come to realize that obstacles, especially trees, pose a significant problem if the drone moves out of sight, such as between or under trees. What could be the solution here? Could I possibly place some kind of signal booster or intermediate antenna on top of a tall tree or building between me and the drone, which would receive the RC signal and relay it back to the drone, thus creating a solid connection?
Alternatively, if I am situated on one side of a hill, could I place a signal booster on top of the hill and fly the drone on the other side without experiencing any signal loss?

After conducting research and reading through forum posts, I have come to realize that obstacles, especially trees, pose a significant problem if the drone moves out of sight, such as between or under trees. What could be the solution here? Could I possibly place some kind of signal booster or intermediate antenna on top of a tall tree or building between me and the drone, which would receive the RC signal and relay it back to the drone, thus creating a solid connection?
Alternatively, if I am situated on one side of a hill, could I place a signal booster on top of the hill and fly the drone on the other side without experiencing any signal loss?
The simplest and best option would be to fly from a position where you have a clear, unobstructed line of sight to the drone.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I would agree with @Meta4, place yourself in a location where you can always see the drone. Even if it means walking :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne