DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna booster

Reactions
I use an antenna booster at our 60 year old cabin that is completely surrounded by tall fir trees.
Most of my drone usage there is to get nearby lake sunset photos during the 4 seasons. Cabin is not on the lake.
At first I got the drone straight up above me to 400' and this caused a lot of flicker on the cell phone and even get loss of signal since I was directly below it.
But once I got an antenna booster the flicker stopped completely and no longer lose connectivity.
When I say I am directly beneath the drone I am only 10' from the takeoff point controlling the drone at 400' altitude.
Hard on the neck.
This is my second booster as the first one was destroyed by some nesting eagles 300 yards away that I did not see coming but that is another story.

antenna range extender.jpg

Attachments

• antenna range extender.jpg
    antenna range extender.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: mereflyer
I use an antenna booster at our 60 year old cabin that is completely surrounded by tall fir trees.
Most of my drone usage there is to get nearby lake sunset photos during the 4 seasons. Cabin is not on the lake.
At first I got the drone straight up above me to 400' and this caused a lot of flicker on the cell phone and even get loss of signal since I was directly below it.
But once I got an antenna booster the flicker stopped completely and no longer lose connectivity.
When I say I am directly beneath the drone I am only 10' from the takeoff point controlling the drone at 400' altitude.
Hard on the neck.
This is my second booster as the first one was destroyed by some nesting eagles 300 yards away that I did not see coming but that is another story.

View attachment 162455

How does that connect to the controller? And which controller is this intended for?

Do you have link for it? (I'm just full of questions.... :) )

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I have a Mavic Air 2. It clips onto the antenna posts above the cell phone.
As long as you have some kind of posts on your controller it clips on. Easy on. Easy off.
Got mine at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Parabolic-Antenna-Booster-Compatible/dp/B0939YVFZB/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KIUCCGHBGPIB&keywords=mavic+air+2+antenna+booster&qid=1681062566&sprefix=mavic+air+2+antenna+booster,aps,184&sr=8-3

Compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro/Mavic 3 / Air 2 / Air 2S / Mini 2 SE Drone Remote Controller View attachment 162461

Doesn't look like that would work with the RC controller though..... Not that I need it anyway, as I usually stay pretty close.

I have a Mavic Air 2. It clips onto the antenna posts above the cell phone.
As long as you have some kind of posts on your controller it clips on. Easy on. Easy off.
Got mine at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Parabolic-Antenna-Booster-Compatible/dp/B0939YVFZB/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KIUCCGHBGPIB&keywords=mavic+air+2+antenna+booster&qid=1681062566&sprefix=mavic+air+2+antenna+booster,aps,184&sr=8-3

Compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro/Mavic 3 / Air 2 / Air 2S / Mini 2 SE Drone Remote Controller View attachment 162461

That's the 5.8ghz version of the Yagi-Uda antenna, usually the drone defaults to 2.4ghz on power-up. Do you alter the frequency from 'dual' to '5.8ghz' in the transmission tab after you've booted the drone up?yagi-uda.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up exactly the same one (same Amazon page too) and I noticed no difference at all. Tested on the coast with it on and off and there's no difference for me. Tried using just 2.4 or just 5.8 and both and still had the same drops after a a certain point.
Always have the controller pointing at the drone when using.

Eventually returned it at its was a waste of £15 for me.

I picked up exactly the same one (same Amazon page too) and I noticed no difference at all. Tested on the coast with it on and off and there's no difference for me. Tried using just 2.4 or just 5.8 and both and still had the same drops after a a certain point.
Always have the controller pointing at the drone when using.

Eventually returned it at its was a waste of £15 for me.
Yeh, I had same results, also you need to point directly at the drone or you get signal degradation too.

That's the 5.8ghz version of the Yagi-Uda antenna, usually the drone defaults to 2.4ghz on power-up. Do you alter the frequency from 'dual' to '5.8ghz' in the transmission tab after you've booted the drone up?View attachment 162467

I select the 5.8GHz. With the 2.3GHZ I get flicker when the drone is 400' directly above me and stationary taking photos. My controller powers up to auto mode so then I select 5.8GHz.

But once I got an antenna booster
I have to admit, that Antenna Booster looks like it could be used to send signals to the Voyager Spacecraft… The one I use is not so "nifty" (L :D L)…

boost.gif

ALIENTECH DUO II 2.4G/5.8G Dual-band Signal Booster Antenna Range Extender With Accessories for DJI Drones

Reactions: LoudThunder
ALIENTECH DUO II 2.4G/5.8G Dual-band Signal Booster Antenna Range Extender With Accessories for DJI Drones
Any tests or comparisons available? I've been looking, & can't find any.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato