DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rates for Real Estate Flights

You know, I was going to let this go. But since I was recently quoted by another member, I'll respond. My apologies if you were offended. I was poking a little fun at how I saw his actual request (ball-parking numbers) vs. your extremely detailed, in-depth response. It was just supposed to be a humorous observation. Based on your reaction above, I see it didn't land so well. My apologies once again.

Oh no worry about me and my feelings as I leave those at home safe and secure.

I just happen to take "Good & Reliable" information very seriously and want to stress that every chance I get.

I highly appreciate and respect your comment about this but rest assured no offense was taken. Sometimes "typed text" doesn't accurately (or at all many times) the correct "feelings" behind the intent.

If you have nothing valid to add to the thread then why try to discourage someone else from providing detailed and experienced input? Seems kind of counter-productive and out-right RUDE! If you don't have anything constructive to post then skip it and move to a thread you can add content to.

Just because the advice is of no value to YOU doesn't mean that the OP or someone else reading the thread at a later date might not find value in the advice.

Allen
can't you take a joke! although what you have said is very helpful so I can see your point! LOL.... I just hate being in pain otherwise who cares as health is all that really matters!

can't you take a joke! although what you have said is very helpful so I can see your point! LOL.... I just hate being in pain otherwise who cares as health is all that really matters!

Oh I can take a joke but when someone asks a serious question about something that could change the direction of their future/business (including running it into the ground) such as pricing etc, I don't kid around very much. And, as you can see from my other replies I think it's kind of rude trying to diminish the importance of setting your prices accurately from the Get-Go! Building a business is like building a structure..... if you don' build a secure FOUNDATION nothing else really matters going forward because a shoddy foundation could topple the best built structure on the planet. Same thing with starting a business.... starting off without the proper foundation is almost an assured recipe for failure going forward.

So YES I can take a joke but I don't appreciate trying to make a joke out of a serious and far reaching topic such as starting up a business. Someone could be trying to feed their family and keep a roof over their heads from this startup business and we owe it to them to give the BEST POSSIBLE ADVICE we can.

If the OP @rmoran8994 wants to come back and have joke/banter about this topic I'm all in for that as well but nothing in their initial reply suggested they were just "kidding around" when they said,

"This is a first for me, and I am not sure what to say when we start talking about compensation. What is the going rate for this? How do I value my services?"

That sounds pretty grounded and sincere to me but maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Oh I can take a joke but when someone asks a serious question about something that could change the direction of their future/business (including running it into the ground) such as pricing etc, I don't kid around very much. And, as you can see from my other replies I think it's kind of rude trying to diminish the importance of setting your prices accurately from the Get-Go! Building a business is like building a structure..... if you don' build a secure FOUNDATION nothing else really matters going forward because a shoddy foundation could topple the best built structure on the planet. Same thing with starting a business.... starting off without the proper foundation is almost an assured recipe for failure going forward.

So YES I can take a joke but I don't appreciate trying to make a joke out of a serious and far reaching topic such as starting up a business. Someone could be trying to feed their family and keep a roof over their heads from this startup business and we owe it to them to give the BEST POSSIBLE ADVICE we can.

If the OP @rmoran8994 wants to come back and have joke/banter about this topic I'm all in for that as well but nothing in their initial reply suggested they were just "kidding around" when they said,

"This is a first for me, and I am not sure what to say when we start talking about compensation. What is the going rate for this? How do I value my services?"

That sounds pretty grounded and sincere to me but maybe I'm reading it wrong?
Thank You. It's very nice of you to help so many. thanks again.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yeah. The poor guy didn’t ask for guidance, just ball park numbers. Maybe 75.00 to show up within 10 miles. Then 50.00 dollars 1/2 hourly. Some people would want more I’m sure.
He didnt ask for ballpark figures. He asked
‘What is the going rate for this? How do I value my services?’

Al gave good advice exactly for this. How to value a service goes beyond a ballpark number

Reactions: BigAl07
He didnt ask for ballpark figures. He asked
‘What is the going rate for this? How do I value my services?’

Al gave good advice exactly for this. How to value a service goes beyond a ballpark number
Yeah, says you. Everyone has an opinion, judge.

Yeah, says you. Everyone has an opinion, judge.
What was the purpose of this comment? I fail to see how you helped. All you did was try to deface someone's previous comment but provided no help of your own. The least you could do is say his advice was bad and give good advice of your own...

What was the purpose of this comment? I fail to see how you helped. All you did was try to deface someone's previous comment but provided no help of your own. The least you could do is say his advice was bad and give good advice of your own...
So what’s your opinion. I just gave my opinion on the value of services. If you would have cared to follow the thread you would have seen that. I didn’t deface anyone. Do you have your FAA certification? ? Have you flown commercially? Do you have any idea what you time is worth? Don’t jump into a conversation without at least a little knowledge about the situation.

So what’s your opinion. I just gave my opinion on the value of services. If you would have cared to follow the thread you would have seen that. I didn’t deface anyone. Do you have your FAA certification? ? Have you flown commercially? Do you have any idea what you time is worth? Don’t jump into a conversation without at least a little knowledge about the situation.
All I said was that I didn't see what your comment accomplished. Also, deface wasn't the best selection for wording so my bad on that.

All I said was that I didn't see what your comment accomplished. Also, deface wasn't the best selection for wording so my bad on that.
I am sorry about hurting anyone’s feelings. I don’t mean to be abrupt, but sometimes it gets the better of me. Flying thousands of dollars in the air tends to shred your nerves. We all need wingmen. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: BSauce955
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98