DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC 2 October 15, 2024 update woes

BroomRider

Reactions
A warning, if you don't have a computer available &/ a newer Android phone with a 64-bit CPU, I highly advise you to NOT DOWNLOAD the 10/15/2024 update to the RC 2!

Explanation:

With the previous RC 2 software version, since I don't currently have a computer available, & have an older 32-bit Android 11 phone, I used to be able open & use the "Explore" function on the RC 2, & pick & choose which photo file I wanted to send to my phone using BlueTooth.

If any of those files include video, I also had the option to use the "Compress" function, which turned them into .zip files.

I can't use the DJI Fly app, because it will only work with a phone using a 64-bit CPU, regardless the Android version; if you have an older phone using a 32-bit CPU, regardless the version, DJI says you're sh1t out of luck.

So now, with that most recent update, the "Explore" function, the "Compress function, & the ability to use BlueTooth to transfer files, have all been removed.

After a lengthy back&forth with DJI Customer support,Screenshot_20241021-174539.png they confirmed all this yesterday.

So, what does this actually mean for someone away from a computer, say, on a road trip or vacation, & with a 32-bit phone?

There's no way to upload your files, or save them to the cloud, & all of your files, photos, videos, etc. are stuck on & limited to the cards you brought with you, & subject to loss.

Further, without access to a computer, there's no way to try to roll back that software update.

1nce again, DJI's software updates break more things than they fix!

Caveat Emptor!

Last edited:
Was there a particular reason for implementing this update?
Acquired the new Air3S?
Found some unwanted bugs in the previous firmware?

was going to say why not roll back the RC2 firmware using the Assistant software 02.07.0000 is available, that fixes it but then i read the part about needing a computer

Reactions: BroomRider
was going to say why not roll back the RC2 firmware using the Assistant software 02.07.0000 is available, that fixes it but then i read the part about needing a computer

Reactions: BroomRider
Was there a particular reason for implementing this update?
Acquired the new Air3S?
Found some unwanted bugs in the previous firmware?
No, except I check regularly for updates as DJI recommends; ofc, no mention of what "minor bug fixes" or "fixed known issues" actually includes.

Bought the RC 2 with the Mini 4 Pro, January of this year.

With the history of DJI updates breaking, disabling, or removing abilities &/ functions as often as they fix anything, I'll be turning off any update notifications in the future.

I'm reflecting on my past experiences with my previous & still owned Mini 3 Pro.

Sad to say, at least DJI has been consistent...🙄

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
No, except I check regularly for updates as DJI recommends; ofc, no mention of what "minor bug fixes" or "fixed known issues" actually includes.

Bought the RC 2 with the Mini 4 Pro, January of this year.

With the history of DJI updates breaking, disabling, or removing abilities &/ functions as often as they fix anything, I'll be turning off any update notifications in the future.

I'm reflecting on my past experiences with my previous & still owned Mini 3 Pro.

Sad to say, at least DJI has been consistent...🙄
Indeed. Wariness of DJI "firmware updates is the beginning of wisdom. If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. Say no to firmware upgrades. God bless Antarctica.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
munmunlil