DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Antenna Flimsy Paddle

hewo

Reactions
Does antennae paddles wobble?
Or are they sturdy staystill?
Pivot and unfold and rotate are supersnug.
But paddle antennas paddle flutter loosely, waver at paddle tip about 3 to 4 mm

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Yes, I experienced this same slight wobble as you indicate. To fix I could very very carefully hand tighten when the antenna was pointed straight out, it did not take much to tighten. Hope this work for you!

Yes, I experienced this same slight wobble as you indicate. To fix I could very very carefully hand tighten when the antenna was pointed straight out, it did not take much to tighten. Hope this work for you!

I am confused
There is no torque hexagon to tighten
Maybe the hex nut is from the inside?
Nobody wants to go inside, humbug, risks, unfamiliarity

I am confused
yeah you're screwed (if you're not comfortable with dismantling) or should I say that's how they are held on.
Sorry your English
So that millimeters of fluttering must be resolved, today 4890feet radius lost pairing, not good, should unpair double that feet.
is doing me head in:confused:

Reactions: CanadaDrone
yeah you're screwed (if you're not comfortable with dismantling) or should I say that's how they are held on.
Sorry your English is doing me head in:confused:

9600feet radius out from takeoff pairing has to be do'able under conditions no obstruction for pairing, right?

I'm wondering if tightening is not viable and instead a superior solution may be realized. Possibly some non harming rejuvenate applied liquid penetrate

9600feet radius out from takeoff pairing has to be do'able under conditions no obstruction for pairing, right?

I'm wondering if tightening is not viable and instead a superior solution may be realized. Possibly some non harming rejuvenate applied liquid penetrate
not pairing you mean control??? I think. I'm talking about the wobbly antenna issue here nothing else.

You will harm it more by trying a quick fix from exterior.

How did it get to be loose? If you realize that then don't have it happen again!

Sent from my W65_67SC using MavicPilots mobile app

I am confused

The member mmlaverman is saying have the antenna pointing out straight DSC_0392.png

and turn them like as if they are a screw and see if the inner bolt catches and tightens. I guess it would be turning clockwise but if it doesn't tighten after a few turns or gets worse try anti-clockwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmlaverman
Scrub that, they are friction held in place so if you have them loose, you would have to wedge something behind them between the RC and the aerials like a piece of film plastic from a bit of packaging cut to size for example!

not pairing you mean control??? I think. I'm talking about the wobbly antenna issue here nothing else.

How did it get to be loose? If you realize that then don't have it happen again!

I did not abuse it. It gets enveloped in polyfoam sheeting stowed away ziplocked.
Looking at it i can see needle axles that permit paddle bend down from full upright to collapsed.
Maybe those needles eccentric'd their respective bearings from circular to oblong, how, good question. That means the internal hex fastener is already tight, why, that hex fastener snugs all degrees of freedom, for the two antennae.
Think about it. That axle is super tiny, allowing paddle flutter, if lose.
The weak plastic bearing material gets worn into Eccentricity transition from original circular.
That allows selective unsnugging for paddle waddle, BUT not for the other degrees of freedom held snug by that same hex fastener.
Makes sense?
Silly plastic bearing: who's responsible for not including a metal bearing sleeve?

Yes i ask if paddle waddle is decreasing flight radius because of lost rc connect ("pairing", "linked", "control")

Scrub that, they are friction held in place so if you have them loose, you would have to wedge something behind them between the RC and the aerials like a piece of film plastic from a bit of packaging cut to size for example!

Recall opening antennae from collapsed.
There is a CAM LOBE at the pivotal base that is suppose to heighten pressure force during opening and closing.
Well cams get worn on their lobes, right?

Reactions: SpinItUp
There is no mechanical fastening. they are pushed into a hole and held in place by 2 sleeves of plastic (other ends of antenna inside) with a lip. Much like a washer in a tap (I'm terrible at explaining it) if you look at the vid's on YouToob of dismantling they push or squeeze the 2 sleeves to make the lip/rim edges of the sleeved insert (other ends of antenna inside) exit the holes for them.

The member mmlaverman is saying have the antenna pointing out straight View attachment 64528

and turn them like as if they are a screw and see if the inner bolt catches and tightens. I guess it would be turning clockwise but if it doesn't tighten after a few turns or gets worse try anti-clockwise.

Wait a minute, that will change the factory's aligned restraint of ccw cw rotation limits that's suppose to be referenced to the structure rc held. You can rotate about the hex fastener axis but rotation extents are locked by an internal nib, otherwise the coaxial (like hair!) will likely break from torsion uncontrolled.

Yes discard all I replied to before it's as you say a CAM LOBE or whatever it's called.
Just plastic held by friction of the adjoining antenna either side of the hole in the controller.
It must've been heavily handled for it to wear but I can see it being done easily!

There is no mechanical fastening. they are pushed into a hole and held in place by 2 sleeves of plastic (other ends of antenna inside) with a lip. Much like a washer in a tap (I'm terrible at explaining it) if you look at the vid's on YouToob of dismantling they push or squeeze the 2 sleeves to make the lip/rim edges of the sleeved insert (other ends of antenna inside) exit the holes for them.

Oh my this is stressful. I don't have my precision shop bench tools, rats.

Ahah! So designers chose wrong, these buffering "shims" that heighten tensile axis. Ahah! Shims lose their intended preload of tensile axis. Furthered, claim made none hex fastener but instead sprocketed barb lockdown of axis, all made from abs plastic molding process.
Rats, i knew the undisclosed antennae cycling mortality flying everyday dawn dusk could not meet professed legit warranty.

Bottom line: paddle waddle will it decrease flight range (radius from takeoff). I did over mile this dawn today trying to figure out when to come back without receiving battery alert.
Is 2mile achieveable with clear shot no obstruction infrastructure?

Last edited:

Nope. Manufacturer gotta redo their premature wearing problem owed to repeated erection de-erection.
Undertaking a poor design workaround is not a superior solution. Failure from wear must be addressed with recourse to a more robustfull junction requiring collapsability and perform all intended degrees of fredom WITHOUT compromise, at least for warranty durate, thats only 720 cycles flying daily dawndusk

Yes discard all I replied to before it's as you say a CAM LOBE or whatever it's called.
Just plastic held by friction of the adjoining antenna either side of the hole in the controller.
It must've been heavily handled for it to wear but I can see it being done easily!

Hey! I did not manhandle it. Sheesh, something must have changed. I just thought over exerting fullstops could force precision plastic material to YIELD, permanently. Didn't though. So weird.

I figured it out. Problem recognized once starting antennae oriented full erect, not angled as depicted in traing documentation, showing an angle azimuth capture.
Does that mean its normal paddlewaddle fully erect? When oriented as in training docs none paddlewobble

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist