DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Battery low effect on RTH

rfc

Reactions
Got an RC battery low alert today. Didn't have the nerve to see what would happen, but would it make sense that if it died completely, the RC/AC signal would be lost and Signal Lost RTH settings would kick in?

Got an RC battery low alert today. Didn't have the nerve to see what would happen, but would it make sense that if it died completely, the RC/AC signal would be lost and Signal Lost RTH settings would kick in?
i believe it returns to home. There is a youtube video of a guy who turned his rc off mid flight, and it rth.

If it dies, there is no RC signal, and it will follow whatever RC disconnect protocol you have programmed.

Reactions: ksmusa
If the battery died completely, the motors would stop. What do you think would happen then.
OP is talking about the RC battery being low.
RC would disconnect, AC would do whatever you programmed it to do, hover or RTH. RTH is the default setting.

Reactions: Simmo
Thank you. It started beeping at (I believe) 30% (similar to what happens when the A/C battery gets low. Never seen a setting to set this lower. 30% on the RC battery would easily last a full flight, so I'm not sure why it comes on so high (although I'm not complaining...it caught my attention).

Thank you. It started beeping at (I believe) 30% (similar to what happens when the A/C battery gets low. Never seen a setting to set this lower. 30% on the RC battery would easily last a full flight, so I'm not sure why it comes on so high (although I'm not complaining...it caught my attention).

Never had it go that low. Does it beep like the AC low battery warning?

Yes, very annoying, but at least the Low RC Battery warning can be turned off - just hit the power button momentarily.

Yes, very annoying, but at least the Low RC Battery warning can be turned off - just hit the power button momentarily.
Thanks for that tip. Now, it it was only as simple to mute the A/C low battery warning! The purpose of an audible alert is just that: to alert you to an issue. Once alerted, it's useless to keep clanging away, and in fact can needlessly raise stress levels, IMO.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhgrogan