DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC controller problem with GEO unlocking "Account not logged in"

Lazerbrains

Reactions
I purchased an RC controller yesterday to upgrade from my RC-N1 that came with my Mini 3 Pro. I live in a blue authorization zone, so I am used to the process of self authorizing through the FLY app before taking off. However, with the RC controller when I try to get the authorization, the RC says "account not logged in", and won't allow me to continue. The account is, of course, logged in.

I have tried restarting the controller, logging out and then logging back in. Nothing seems to work. Is this a bug of the RC controller? If so, it is a dealbreaker for me as I live in a blue zone and won't even be able to fly this in my yard.

The solution that worked for this user was to log out of the app and log in again.

1. In the DJI Fly app go to Profile>settings> scroll down and Log Out.

Read more here

Do you need a data connection active for the authorisation? The DJI RC will automatically switch its wifi connection off when you take off, presumably to avoid interference with the RC signal. You can switch it back on again by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the wifi toggle.

Note the RC is basically a slimmed down/locked down Android "tablet" built into an RC case, so it runs the fly app just like on your mobile device with the RC-N1 (exact versions may be slightly different)

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Do you need a data connection active for the authorisation? The DJI RC will automatically switch its wifi connection off when you take off, presumably to avoid interference with the RC signal. You can switch it back on again by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the wifi toggle.

Note the RC is basically a slimmed down/locked down Android "tablet" built into an RC case, so it runs the fly app just like on your mobile device with the RC-N1.
I just got done spending an hour with DJI online support. They told me clearing the cache in the remote would fix the problem - it didn't. They then had me try logging out, restarting the controller and logging in again. That also did not fix the problem. The final thing they had me do was to make sure the WIFI was connected. It was. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the WIFI as well, and I still get the error message and it will not allow me to fly.

This is a dealbreaker for me - if I can't even use it in my own home. I am surprised nobody else has experienced this. It seems like a terrible bug.

Reactions: GFields
I was able to resolve this. I once again cleared the cache and logged out, then rebooted. It automatically logged me back in and no longer gave me the error message.
Great! Glad you got it resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester