DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Indicator Icon Fly App 1.1.6

Macinfo

Reactions
Greetings All

I've noticed on some flights, that the RC icon goes red, (though not in this screen grab)
1599346035183.png
though there are bars remaining, and there is no apparent signal loss.. Picture is fine, control is good..

I am assuming that though that signal is low and that at some point, I could lose signal and it would RTH till signal resumed. So the question I have is, when the RC icon is red, how much farther might you get before signal loss? Is it just always a guess, or there some rhyme or reason to the state of the icon.. I looked around and did not really find anything, so I thought perhaps some other pilots might have some thoughts...

Usually when I spot that, I don't go much farther and start heading back towards home.. I am not super far away, and I am in an area where there are homes and other WIFI that could contribute to signal issues perhaps..

thanks for any feedback...

I believe in the latest version of DJI Fly it's no longer a graduated icon showing signal degradation, it's now signal or no signal

I believe in the latest version of DJI Fly it's no longer a graduated icon showing signal degradation, it's now signal or no signal
Hmm... when it changes color, I still have video and control, I am assuming though that its degraded to some degree.. perhaps its a deeper red when there is no signal other than the obvious other signs, like no video or lack of control and other warnings.

It would be nice if there were more details on how the indicator actual tells you how much of the signal is lost and whether you can still fly a little farther, or just just immediately reverse course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mawfia