DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC\Mini3: GO FLY screen appears during flight

Reactions
Intermittently during flight, the screen is replaced by what is shown on the attached picture.
It is really annoying because you lose sight of what the drone camera is seing, potentially flying into an obstacle.
Any idea about what could be causing this ?
I did all the firmware updates, so the update prompt (right top corner) doesn't show anymore.
But this "GO FLY" screen keeps popping up.
And I made sure I don't touch the screen except for selecting tracking or other controls

IMG_0827.jpeg

Are you perhaps touching the controller in someway that could cause the app to close ..... if that is possible ?
Try a low hover, directly in front of you, with the controller sat on a table or something and your only point of contact with the controller being finger tips resting on the top of the joy sticks.
Does it still happen ?

I'm not familiar with the built in screen controllers but it occurs to me to ask, what is the meaning of the "connect" just above the "go fly" button ?
Is it something to do with the optional use of goggles ?

That said, should you be flying the drone via the screen rather than looking directly at the drone with your own eyes ?

Are you perhaps touching the controller in someway that could cause the app to close ..... if that is possible ?
Try a low hover, directly in front of you, with the controller sat on a table or something and your only point of contact with the controller being finger tips resting on the top of the joy sticks.
Does it still happen ?

I'm not familiar with the built in screen controllers but it occurs to me to ask, what is the meaning of the "connect" just above the "go fly" button ?
Is it something to do with the optional use of goggles ?

That said, should you be flying the drone via the screen rather than looking directly at the drone with your own eyes ?
I can tell you that I pay special attention to the touch screen. I only touch it when required to track something or to change EV, etc. It happens when I am not touching the screen . And I am not the only one who has that problem. Now you must have an exceptional eyesight to see a mini 3 that is 500 meters away !

There is a 'back' arrow on the fly main screen that sits in the top left corner, right under where your left thumb sits on the stick that is quite easy to hit by mistake, particularly if you do the 'pinch method' of holding the sticks. Not sure if that is what is happening to you, but it kept happening to me on my RC2 until I stopped using the pinch method .

Last edited:
Reactions: tstr14
There is a 'back' arrow on the fly main screen that sits in the top left corner, right under where your left thumb sits on the stick that is quite easy to hit by mistake, particularly if you do the 'pinch method' of holding the sticks. Not sure if that is what is happening to you, but it kept happening to me on my RC2 until I stopped using the pinch method on the sticks.
I don't use the pinch method, but thanks, I will pay special attention to that corner.

I can tell you that I pay special attention to the touch screen.
Fair enough.
Now you must have an exceptional eyesight to see a mini 3 that is 500 meters away !
600m is about my limit for a mini and background dependant and, at that distance, I would not be able to find it if I glanced at the screen, unless it was near some sort of marker.
But my point was, you should not be relying on the screen view to fly the drone, the camera's field of view is very limited and so too is yours if you are relying on the screen view.
You can see this in videos of bird attacks on drones, if they even appear on camera they are generally gone/off-camera in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: AeroJ
There is a 'back' arrow on the fly main screen that sits in the top left corner, right under where your left thumb sits on the stick that is quite easy to hit by mistake, particularly if you do the 'pinch method' of holding the sticks. Not sure if that is what is happening to you, but it kept happening to me on my RC2 until I stopped using the pinch method on the sticks.
Sounds like a very possible cause!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n