DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N1 Controller battery charge cycling

KI5RLL

Reactions
So the RC-N1 controller (used by so many) is said to contain a 5200Mah battery. My Mavic 3 flying from it has a 5000Mah battery.
With so much discussion on intelligent batteries and charged storage issues, auto discharging for safety, safe storage percentages and more, I have a question.
If it is important to not keep a lipo at full or high charge, so they auto-discharge, why is the same not incorporated into the even bigger RC-N1 controller lipo battery?
The craft batteries will auto discharge, but the controller battery seems to just hold its charge and not discharge on long storage.
Is this only my unit? Is it supposed to intelligent discharge without use also? Is it the same for the rest of you?

Reactions: Rchawks
The LiIon batteries in the controller don’t go through the high discharge cycle like the aircraft battery and as such are less stressed chemically and go through far fewer charge/discharge cycles. They are also more robust sealed in a steel or aluminium casing and less prone to gassing than LiPoly batteries.

So the RC-N1 controller (used by so many) is said to contain a 5200Mah battery. My Mavic 3 flying from it has a 5000Mah battery.
With so much discussion on intelligent batteries and charged storage issues, auto discharging for safety, safe storage percentages and more, I have a question.
If it is important to not keep a lipo at full or high charge, so they auto-discharge, why is the same not incorporated into the even bigger RC-N1 controller lipo battery?
The craft batteries will auto discharge, but the controller battery seems to just hold its charge and not discharge on long storage.
Is this only my unit? Is it supposed to intelligent discharge without use also? Is it the same for the rest of you?
The RC-N1 controller for my air 2 works the same as yours and holds its charge.
They probably make so many more of these controllers than drones.
To keep the cost down probably is the reason for not having the intelligent discharge feature.
As the batteries i would guess are much cheaper.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143