DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Not Connected To Aircraft - RC Pro/Air 2S

ufgatorvet

Reactions
I just purchased Air 2S with RC Pro from B&H about 2 weeks ago and each flight so far (have flown 5 batteries), randomly will get the "RC not connected to aircraft" red error box top left corner of the RC Pro display. I have zero control at this time of the drone -- very scary, which causes me to not want to fly it at all.

After a short amount of time, RTH automatically initiated, but usually there is a reconnect prior to returning all the way.

Each flight, bright sunlight, within line of sight, flat (Savannah, GA) terrain, updated firmware controller and drone.

Would love to hear updates on other's issues with this particular Air 2S <--> RC Pro disconnect problem.

Anybody with the RC Pro 2S combo WITHOUT these issues? As I said, this problem does not allow me to comfortably fly this with even the slightest chance of being near people or property due to the unpredictable nature of this problem.

I had zero problems with my Mavic Pro (original) but this right out of the box issue is frustrating and I consider it dangerous.

Thank you

Have been flying the B&H package for the last month without that issue.

I just purchased Air 2S with RC Pro from B&H about 2 weeks ago and each flight so far (have flown 5 batteries), randomly will get the "RC not connected to aircraft" red error box top left corner of the RC Pro display. I have zero control at this time of the drone -- very scary, which causes me to not want to fly it at all.

After a short amount of time, RTH automatically initiated, but usually there is a reconnect prior to returning all the way.

Each flight, bright sunlight, within line of sight, flat (Savannah, GA) terrain, updated firmware controller and drone.

Would love to hear updates on other's issues with this particular Air 2S <--> RC Pro disconnect problem.

Anybody with the RC Pro 2S combo WITHOUT these issues? As I said, this problem does not allow me to comfortably fly this with even the slightest chance of being near people or property due to the unpredictable nature of this problem.

I had zero problems with my Mavic Pro (original) but this right out of the box issue is frustrating and I consider it dangerous.

Thank you
I feel your pain. I will be watching this thread closely for some answers. I have a Phantom Pro that had the same disconnect problem. After many, many times to correct from suggestions from fellow members, it connected. Now I'm afraid to fly higher than 3 meters or over anything but flat ground. If it looses connection, it just might crash! Hope you get some answers and fix your problem.

Thank you
Have you upgraded the RC Pro to the last firmware? Also the Air 2S to the last firmware?
There is a known issue happening with the RC Pro in the past firmware as well with the M3.

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) and install the last firmware update for both. Try again and let us know.

Have you upgraded the RC Pro to the last firmware? Also the Air 2S to the last firmware?
There is a known issue happening with the RC Pro in the past firmware as well with the M3.

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) and install the last firmware update for both. Try again and let us know.
Yes (I believe) that I did this correctly. When turned on the drone and controller, went into settings, searched for updates, and both drone and controller were available and updated to the latest. Flew it and 5 mins into flight lost contact with drone and was helpless with drone hovering 500 feet out not sure what it would do....

Can you tell me what firmware version you have on both devices? You can go to the flyapp in about and see it.

I thought it had already been determined that you have a defective controller? If so, no matter how much software updates you throw at it - it's still not going to work.

Thank you

I too purchased my Air 2S FMC w/ RC PRO from B&H and have not had any problems, although I've only had 2 flights but 2 uneventful flights.

Air 2S w/RC Pro from Drone Nerds. I don't really imagine it matters what retailer, the package comes from DJI, right? I'm experiencing disconnects on almost every flight. Aircraft rarely more than 400-600 ft away from me and less than 300 ft altitude. In all cases, direct line of sight between controller and aircraft. In each case, the Auto RTH kicks in and lands the drone at the home point.

Not happy at all with this. I need to be able to rely on the aircraft/controller combo.

Air 2S w/RC Pro from Drone Nerds. I don't really imagine it matters what retailer, the package comes from DJI, right? I'm experiencing disconnects on almost every flight. Aircraft rarely more than 400-600 ft away from me and less than 300 ft altitude. In all cases, direct line of sight between controller and aircraft. In each case, the Auto RTH kicks in and lands the drone at the home point.

Not happy at all with this. I need to be able to rely on the aircraft/controller combo.
19 flights with one and 23 flights with my other A2S, both using the same RC-Pro. Firmware kept current. Only have that issue when the drone gets 800-1000 feet away and behind the 45' tall trees in my orchard. Raise it up to VLOS and the connection firms up. Not sure what could be causing your issue.
Here's a 19-minute flight where the highest I flew was 220' and at a distance of 1,668' had a firm connection:
Screenshot 2022-08-07 072002.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-07 072255.jpg

Yup, always line of sight between drone and RC. I have never flown it beyond 800-1000 feet away from me, and below 300 ft altitude. Signal shows 97%-100% at time of disconnect. DJI says send it in. Very frustrating! Brand new, I'm sure it will be gone many weeks, and they don't pay for packaging for shipping. Disappointed with my first experiences with DJI.

I have the same combination, RC Pro and Air 2S and absolutely no issues with lost signal. I did have an issue with the firmware update on the controller which failed to complete the first time.

You might try going into control settings and re-sync the drone. You might also check the band setting and if it’s set to dual, try setting to just one and then back to dual.

I have the same combination, RC Pro and Air 2S and absolutely no issues with lost signal. I did have an issue with the firmware update on the controller which failed to complete the first time.

You might try going into control settings and re-sync the drone. You might also check the band setting and if it’s set to dual, try setting to just one and then back to dual.
After a couple discussions with DJI, they asked me to send the drone in. I did so, and after an evaluation, DJI replaced the drone with a new drone. The only information I could get out of them was that it had a bad module. Fortunately, under warranty so I did not use up any of my “refresh“.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+