DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro *.DAT files?

Howard70

Premium Pilot
Reactions
RC Pro Colleagues:

I’m trying to do the late January 2022 update of my Mavic 3 Cine’s RC Pro Via DJI Assistant 2. Have failed at least 5 times - download progress bar remains at 0% for some time and then I get “Update failed. (3-2-1) Upload Error Log” message. I choose upload error log but am unsure where it goes. I go back to Log Export in DJI Asst 2 and download the RC Pro log (*.DAT) for this morning. But I can’t read it.

Is this the “error log” I uploaded, and if so, how can I read it?

I assume my problem is an abysmally slow internet connection combined with probably thousands of us simultaneously trying to accomplish these updates, but I’d like to confirm that.

Thanks,

Howard

... Upload Error Log” message. I choose upload error log but am unsure where it goes.
To me it sounds like the error log that's created is uploaded ... to DJI probably?

I go back to Log Export in DJI Asst 2 and download the RC Pro log (*.DAT) for this morning. But I can’t read it.
Is this the “error log” I uploaded, and if so, how can I read it?
No ... the DAT log you find through DJI Assistant 2 isn't any error log ... it's a encrypted flight log running from power on to power off & it's not readable for us, only DJI staff can decrypt them.

To me it sounds like the error log that's created is uploaded ... to DJI probably?

No ... the DAT log you find through DJI Assistant 2 isn't any error log ... it's a encrypted flight log running from power on to power off & it's not readable for us, only DJI staff can decrypt them.
Hello Slup:

Thanks, I knew the DAT logs from the drones were encrypted, but hoped those from the controller itself might be accessible.

I’ve given up for the moment via DJI Assistant 2 and am now trying via RC Pro controller connected drone route. Seems to be working so far…..

From what DJI last told me, they have no plans to allow DAT files to be decrypted. So, it's probably safe to assume the same will continue for upcoming products.

I’m pretty sure my problem was related to the my extremely poor internet connection - speeds so slow that the download of the 1.3 GB (ouch!) update package for the controller would fail. Because the download failed the incomplete chunk of the file would remain on the internal storage of the RC Pro. Then, we my download was finally successful, there would be a 1.3 GB complete package and a big but incomplete chunk both on the internal storage. Thus the installation process would start, chug along for quite a while, but ultimately fail. Eventually I assumed the failure was due to the system running out of space.

I worked at clearing as much memory as I could from the RC Pro internal storage and DJI Fly App caches, started over and was eventually successful!

As a side note - I finally abandoned my Centurylink internet connection (the only provider in our rural community) and set my iPad up as a hot spot, connected the RC Pro to that Wifi and 6 hours later (no typo) successfully downloaded the RC Pro update package. Did the update & then used the same set up to download and install the Mavic 3 Cine update (only 2.5 hours for that one!). Including failures, restarts and the successful episodes it was a 9 - 10 hour process to get everything downloaded and updated! Note that NONE of that was DJI’s fault - in fact I’m really happy that their servers would tolerate my extremely slow connections without dropping me.

Howard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair