DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Firmware Update Issue

rinconmike

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am trying to update the firmware on the RC Pro I got with the Air 2S. Controller is around 60%. Teh 2nd and 3rd green light are blinking. the left light is white. when I go to install, it says "checking the batter level takes around 1 minute to complete" and it has been like this for more than 5 minutes. This is the second time trying to update, the first time it failed around 72% with an error code -4000.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Also, when the RC Pro is off and plugged in, should the LEDs light up? I thought it previously did but no lights are coming on. I tried the charger that came with it on a phone and the charger works.

Last edited:
no. Just on the RC Pro. Should I try assistant? I have not used that previously.

Given that your update seems to have glitched somehow, i would suggest doing it from the app. I found the app to be a little better at exception handling. Maybe even do a reset on the controller first if able. Wishing you well. My RC Pro updated ok with no extra intervention, but i still have memories from the previous Smart Controller version. : )

how do you reset the controller?

and is the app the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones)?

The reset is in the settings menu. It is labeled factory erase all or something similiar.

Yes, DJI Assistant 2 consumer works with this controller. once connected via usb, should be able to initiate a update from the app.

The reset is in the settings menu. It is labeled factory erase all or something similiar.

Yes, DJI Assistant 2 consumer works with this controller. once connected via usb, should be able to initiate a update from the app.
trying the DJI assistant now. It recognized RC Pro and now downloading,

Good deal! I hope it gets you sorted out. There are so many reasons why it takes a jumpstart to truly update a device that I usually don't even trust a controller that can self-update. Let us know how you do there.

Good deal! I hope it gets you sorted out. There are so many reasons why it takes a jumpstart to truly update a device that I usually don't even trust a controller that can self-update. Let us know how you do there.
Tony thanks for this info on updating the RC Pro via Assistant and usb cable. Can this hard-wired usb cable approach also be used to update firmware in the Air 2s? Is that also advisable?

Last edited:
Tony thanks for this info on updating the RC Pro via Assistant and usb cable. Can this hard-wired usb cable approach also be used to update firmware in the Air 2s? Is that also advisable?
Well, I have updated my Air2S via the wire and assistant. I am not an expert, so I can't comment if it is advisable, I just know it is possible. (My assumption is that Assistant can better handle errors etc and may be better than a device self-upgrading without, but I have no first hand knowledge.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143