DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC pro firmware update

T-Vicious

Reactions
I got the controller for my mavic 3 , i got my old controller unpaired and the RC pro paired and it flys great and everything but it has reset me back to how the mavic 3 was when it first was released and as we all can remember, that sucked , so im trying to upgrade the firmware and it just wont do it , i have now made it to 27% after 5 days , it just fails every time. I dont really know what to do , or why its doing this.

I cannot use my home wifi for any dji updates. I have to use my phone's hot spot connection and then download any update just fine. I think my ISP may be blocking the DJI download portal. You may give that a try

I got the controller for my mavic 3 , i got my old controller unpaired and the RC pro paired and it flys great and everything but it has reset me back to how the mavic 3 was when it first was released and as we all can remember, that sucked , so im trying to upgrade the firmware and it just wont do it , i have now made it to 27% after 5 days , it just fails every time. I don't really know what to do , or why its doing this.
Are you using the DJI app DJI Assistant 2? DJI.com>downloads>Download DJI Assistant 2 for your type of OS (MAC or Windows). Plug your drone into the computer. Also install the LUT.If I am wrong, anyone on this forum, feel free to correct me.

Dale
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 8.33.59 AM.png

Posted this in the mini 3 section before I realized it was the wrong place. :oops:
Bought a mini 3 Pro without the controller as I have an RC Pro transmitter.
Had one heck of a time getting it to pair, spent a couple hours on the phone with DJI where I was told to download DJI assistant 2 onto my computer then plug the mini directly to the computer and run the software which will load the up to date firmware into the mini. Tried multiple times all evening long to no avail, finally gave up and went to bed.
The next morning I went on DJI's website and downloaded the software to my gaming desktop computer plugged the mini into it and reran the software. Worked like a charm, was up and running in ten minutes. Don't know what the problem is with my laptop but I'm suspecting there's an issue with the USB port.
Just thought I would report it in case others are having similar problems.

I cannot use my home wifi for any dji updates. I have to use my phone's hot spot connection and then download any update just fine. I think my ISP may be blocking the DJI download portal. You may give that a try
I had the same issue. It was resolved by changing the DNS addresses in the wifi router to the Google public DNS server.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Apparently, some DNS servers won't resolve the web addresses for the DJI software download servers.

I had the same issue. It was resolved by changing the DNS addresses in the wifi router to the Google public DNS server.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Apparently, some DNS servers won't resolve the web addresses for the DJI software download servers.
Thanks, this is what I've been looking for! My home network won't let me do any updates but using my Verizon hotspot does. This should fix that

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+