DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro is Fully Compatible with Epson Moverio BT40 Smart Glasses!!!

GadgetGuy

Reactions
Just received a pair of the Epson Moverio BT40 Smart Glasses, which I ordered from Amazon, after another member, @sapsan reported they were compatible with the RC Pro, using the USB C charging port. I can also now confirm that they are compatible! The USB C charging port on the RC Pro apparently also outputs BT40 compatible, mirrored video of the RC Pro screen, while not interfering with the Mini HDMI output, which can simultaneously also be used for a "telemetry free" FPV view on any external monitor, like the FeelWorld 2000 nit 10” monitor! Happy days! This is a true RCPro Easter Egg! I've not read about this additional capability of the RC Pro USB C port anywhere else!

Only three left! $579. Amazon Prime, with free 30 day returns. Try them! You'll like them!

Last edited:
Wow, that's great news. Would it work with the original smart controller possibly? Anyone out there tried that yet?
I believe it's already been tried and doesn't work. It's just too old, released in January of 2019. RC Pro is three years newer, and therefore does now have the capability built in to support it!

• Sad
Reactions: Cymruflyer
I believe it's already been tried and doesn't work. It's just too old, released in January of 2019. RC Pro is three years newer, and therefore does now have the capability built in to support it!
I am glad that my information has helped you. I use bt40 on air2s myself and am very pleased.

I am glad that my information has helped you. I use bt40 on air2s myself and am very pleased.
Indeed! Thank you! Glad you found the thread. Happy to give you full credit for the discovery! It gave me the confidence to order a pair, try them, and verify the mini HDMI output is simultaneously still active for a customized output display without any telemetry. The mirrored BT40 screen cannot be changed by the HDMI output setting in the Fly app. It always stays mirrored. Best part is no lag, unlike some wireless goggle setups. Also tried the BT40 on my 12.9” iPad Pro with a USB C charging port, and it briefly worked, oscillating on and off every few seconds, but now won't work at all. Oh, well. RC Pro only at this time.

Indeed! Thank you! Glad you found the thread. Happy to give you full credit for the discovery! It gave me the confidence to order a pair, try them, and verify the mini HDMI output is simultaneously still active for a customized output display without any telemetry. The mirrored BT40 screen cannot be changed by the HDMI output setting in the Fly app. It always stays mirrored. Best part is no lag, unlike some wireless goggle setups. Also tried the BT40 on my 12.9” iPad Pro with a USB C charging port, and it briefly worked, oscillating on and off every few seconds, but now won't work at all. Oh, well. RC Pro only at this time.
I am also interested in installing flylitchi on RC pro. Have you tried it?

I am also interested in installing flylitchi on RC pro. Have you tried it?
Not yet, but two of our other members described the process for me.
It currently only works for the Air2S, as the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro SDK's are not yet available for Litchi to use. Can't find the thread right now, but this is what I saved:

Use the built in browser to go to Amazon. Go through the steps to download the Amazon Appstore to the RC Pro. Then, using the Amazon Appstore, purchase and download Litchi. The file should be in the download folder, double click it to install. You'll have a popup on the screen about unknown software, click on it to allow the device to install unknown apps. The first time you open Litchi you'll have a popup to login to your Litchi account, then click "Don't Show This Again"

Have you been able to use the Moverio Link app on the RC PRO to fine-tune them?
Haven't tried yet. They work quite well without any fine tuning, although controlling the brightness might be useful. The sunglass cover effectively controls the contrast between the glasses and the ambient lighting.

Reactions: Elthree
How do the Epson Maverio compare to the old DJI goggles in use, are they noticeably better ?
The DJI goggles can be had fairly cheap on eBay now days, making them an option maybe worth considering, if you already have the RC pro .
I use the DJI goggles plugged in to my RC pro Hdmi out mostly with my mini 3.
Obviously don’t have the head controls options I get with my older M2Z, but still fun.
When not using the goggles I usually have my Feelworld monitor attached by the Lifthor to the RC pro showing just the camera view.

How do the Epson Maverio compare to the old DJI goggles in use, are they noticeably better ?
The DJI goggles can be had fairly cheap on eBay now days, making them an option maybe worth considering, if you already have the RC pro .
I use the DJI goggles plugged in to my RC pro Hdmi out mostly with my mini 3.
Obviously don’t have the head controls options I get with my older M2Z, but still fun.
When not using the goggles I usually have my Feelworld monitor attached by the Lifthor to the RC pro showing just the camera view.
Biggest difference is being able to fly legally, without a spotter, while maintaining VLOS. No complete isolation. You are still completely aware of your surroundings, while having the Epson Movario goggle view, the RC Pro view, and being able to physically see the drone. Huge difference! I, too, first bought a used pair of DJI goggles for around $200 with a hard case. They are huge and bulky, compared to the Movarios, which fit inside a small Mavic drone only zippered case. Also, no separate battery to keep charged. They are completely powered off the RC Pro.

10.5” Feelworld monitor is the next best alternative, for a telemetry free screen. Best part, is you can simultaneously use BOTH, as the Feelworld uses the HDMI out and the Movario glasses uses the USB C port! That's worth the $1200 RC Pro cost, isn't it? LOL!

Reactions: ksmusa and Pushkur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS