DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro no 5.8GHz with Mavic 3?

I got my RC back. It’s a new one. Is it (the software)fixed?…NO. They threw a 64gb Sd card in for being a loyal customer and all that.

All I understand is, that the RC is a piece of junk until they fix it properly. Lots of fancy promotions sucked me right up and in like a dust bunny. I’m actually worse off. I get more “airplane signal interference “ than normal, sometimes, I fly ~ 150 m and lose all my white bars to the point the drone RTH.

One thing I really observed today running some flight tests is you really have to have that RC pointing in the direction of the drone or else you lose your signal. A few times I relaxed and did not focus on the latter and there goes the signal.

I’m not an expert on radio signal transmission, but, either a miraculous update comes along or some third party will produce an exterior antenna kit that really does transmit / receive. I don’t know what can be done internally to help…maybe I’m wrong. I’m going to do a trip to a more remote area and see how it performs.

Not giving up. The Mini 3Pro is a super drone. Once a resolve is found it will be even better…much better.

FYI…I was getting the double band on my mini 2 with IOS👍
Until they correct the Android maps with the true locations of the border through an update, nothing will change by simply replacing the RC Pro. It's an Android software bug related to the FCC and CE borders, and not a hardware problem!

Sorry to hear that, but not really surprised. I've encountered this issue with all Android/controller combinations of the app. The support people I've been talking to have basically admitted that 1) the Android app is a different code base than the iOS app, and 2) there is indeed a problem with the Android app and they will need to issue a software fix for it (but no indication of when that might be).

Everyone reading this in FCC-land please check whether you are correctly getting dual band or not, and if not let DJI know this needs to be fixed. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Sorry to hear that, but not really surprised. I've encountered this issue with all Android/controller combinations of the app. The support people I've been talking to have basically admitted that 1) the Android app is a different code base than the iOS app, and 2) there is indeed a problem with the Android app and they will need to issue a software fix for it (but no indication of when that might be).

Everyone reading this in FCC-land please check whether you are correctly getting dual band or not, and if not let DJI know this needs to be fixed. Squeaky wheel and all that.
I suspect it is the Android NFZ mapping database that is the problem, rather than the FLY app itself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato